Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Through our problems of breaking rear end output shafts we decided to manufacture them. Made out of a stronger steel strength has been increased by 3 times.

They will be avaliable in 3 to 4 weeks.

Thank You
Ernie
BreathlessPerformance.com

·
Registered
568 Posts
Cool Ernie! This is a big deal for the guys who are really pushing it. Glad to hear that a solution is coming..

Is this the pinion output shaft?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The shaft is call a rear end output shaft from the drivers side. We are counting the days to get them in our hands... No more racing till then.

Thanks
Ernie

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hey Ernie/Breathless...

Are these available yet? How much are they? I just broke something in the rear of my 5,700 miles '02 Z06 which has a TRIC on it and that's it. Stock street tires at 22 psi with a well prepped track (for once.) Can't belive something snapped :/

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We should have them in 2 weeks and cost of about 390.00

The car must of launched good to break that part.

Thanks
Ernie

·
Registered
327 Posts
Does the $390 cover both sides? Are these just the axles that go into the housing and attach to the halfshafts? What material are the stock pieces and what material is your piece going to be? Any other mods to install your pieces, or just bolt in?

The car was going to hook HARD if it didn't break. I usually dump the clutch at 2,200-2,500 rpm (depending on the normally crappy track condition) and still spin. The first time last night I dropped the clutch at 3,000 rpm and bogged badly. So the next time I did it higher, 3,300-3,500 rpm and BANG!!! That was my 1.7-1.8 short time and my 11 second run :mad:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is only for the drivers side. That has been the weak link. All I can tell you is that the stock piece is made of a low grade material and we have decieded to use a High Tech material that up to 4 times stronger. It is a bolt-on but you need to know what you are doing before you open the rear.

Thank You
Ernie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts