Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told yesterday in search of info on my approx. build number to look at my right rear tire which would have numbers painted on it or my differential rear end cover plate.

(Keeping in mind my VIN# 02775) My wire harnesses in my battery area dated 07-25-01,19:07 etc.

Well thanks to the info provided me I went out into the stable looked under the car. I saw no painting on the right inside rear tire. But, I did notice a GREEN label w/scan bar that was printed with the following numbers, 3.42P,GMG-00323. Not GMC but GMG whatever that ment. I suppose the 3.42P is my rear end ratio and posi, and the 00323 the build number?

I stand to be corrected but wasn't the 3.42 rear ends exclusive to the 02/Z06? If so GMG-00323 may be my build number.

I have the window sticker and it has order no. DKPCJN. Whatever that means. Model 1YY37,and the dealer/zone code 15-920.

Anymore info or help appreciated and thanks for the rear end info. I'm getting more info all the time from all of you and it really helps educate me.

george

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you fiure my build date?

fcalmes;

Thanks for the info. I'd appreciate on how you figured my cars build date and seq#. Your info would provide me a way to id on my own. I can then help with the same questions for others.

Not to mention the education I'm getting.

thanks again.
george

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah Frank, how did you know his build date/number?

I beleive that mine was built on 11/12 according to the order status page (which-if you remember I needed to ask, because it was erased a couple days after posting), but how did you know build number for george?

my order number was DRTV6R...

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Hey guys, Frank can't tell ALL of his secrets:D
Word has it he has a super computer at home tied in to the General and BG:eek: Frank also has been known to grease a couple of palms to get that top secret info:lol: :lol:
:cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts