·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a rear spoiler or a rear wing on a Z06

·
Registered
496 Posts
Here are a couple of pictures of the Spectre Werks rear fascia. They don't show it too well, but they're the best I have right now. You can also click on the link in my sig for additional pictures.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
wt2ga said:
Has anyone installed a rear spoiler or a rear wing on a Z06
Yes.

I have a rear deck lip spoiler from GM Racing. I can take a shot of it if someone can host the pic for a day or two. It does look good to me and assists with high speed rear control.

If there's a taker for hosting I'll shoot a pic or two.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
:eek:

That looks awesome 1fast! :cool:

Where did you find it at? I'd be interested in learning a little more about it.

Thanks... the pics are much appreciated! :)

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
CorvetteSS. I like it better with the stripes continued over the spoiler. Definately a FiveStar car.Whats not too like? :cool:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I think Eklers makes one too. There stuff usually fits very good. Also held on by double-sided tape.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Baron said:
CorvetteSS. I like it better with the stripes continued over the spoiler. Definately a FiveStar car.Whats not too like? :cool:
Thanks. I agree that it's a 5 star car. But I need some new pictures. Maybe that will be my weekend project since my fiance has to work all weekend. :(

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
1fastdog,
Can you snap another picture or two of that spoiler in the light???

I am curious about how obvious the lines are where it was attached - since you said it is held on with tape. In the pictures it appears to look similar to corvettess' spoiler. I didn't see the line of attachment at all.

chris

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
chrisj said:
1fastdog,

I am curious about how obvious the lines are where it was attached - since you said it is held on with tape. In the pictures it appears to look similar to corvettess' spoiler. I didn't see the line of attachment at all.

chris
Ditto... :)

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
chrisj said:
1fastdog,

chris
Sure, I'll do that for ya. It looks like what the SS'vette has with most likely good reason. I wouldn't be surprised if the racing spoiler shape was blended in by Spectre to make it a one piece affair.

With better pix you should definately see what's up with the racing spoiler. It isn't as built in looking at all, but it is in keeping with the car's shape and does work well.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I took a couple of detail shots this morning of the spoiler prior to leaving for work. With Franks assistance, I'll try to get them posted this evening.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Here's the promised daylight pix. IMHO the car looks "right" with a spoiler. As to whether you can be happy with a cap spoiler over an integrated facia deal...your mileage may vary:D

Special thanks to Frank Calmes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Doug Rippie Motorsports has this same spoiler for sale for $495.00 unpainted (at last check about a year ago). you can see a good picture on their web site. http://www.dougrippie.com/
Hndo

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
1fastdog,
Thanks for taking the extra pictures. They make a big difference. In the nighttime pics, it did look like an integrated spoiler. I was amazed.

Still a great looking spoiler!!! Something that is going in my list of wish-parts.

chris

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Thanks 1fast... I appreciate the extra effort in posting the daylight pics. :cheers:

Nice looking ride you got there... ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts