Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mug: I am having some uneven tire wear on the inside of my rear tires. What causes this and how do I fix it? Just had an alignment on the front (was suppose to be a 4 wheel alignment) :flaming: and car will practacally drive itself down the freeway. Do I need to take it in again for a rear alignment?

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
First thing I would do is return to the place that was instructed to do a 4 wheel alignment and talk to a manager about what or what they didn't do. Then ask for a full refund, and check out other alignment shops familiar with Corvette.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Wait a minute...
the Z06 comes with negative camber from the factory. When I replaced my rear tires (at 26k miles) the inside was worn a lot more than the outside. Some wear is normal because of the negative camber. How many miles since your alignment?

·
Registered
299 Posts
With the negative camber from the factory you get pretty nice handling but the trade off is going to be a bit of tyre wear. Small price to pay for the way these cars handle.

Tony #54

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ZO6 AL-X said:
Wait a minute...
the Z06 comes with negative camber from the factory. When I replaced my rear tires (at 26k miles) the inside was worn a lot more than the outside. Some wear is normal because of the negative camber. How many miles since your alignment?
The dealer did the alignment, dont want to go back! I recently lowered the car that's why I wanted the alignment (driven only a couple hundred miles). There is very little tire wear but you can tell when you have the rear tire's off the car. If this is normal, than I am fine with that. I am just :flaming: :mad: that the dealership was so poor at doing a simple alignment. Sorry, I'm a little anal when it comes to my car and dealerships.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
SGT. PYLE said:
The dealer did the alignment, dont want to go back! I recently lowered the car that's why I wanted the alignment (driven only a couple hundred miles). There is very little tire wear but you can tell when you have the rear tire's off the car. If this is normal, than I am fine with that. I am just :flaming: :mad: that the dealership was so poor at doing a simple alignment. Sorry, I'm a little anal when it comes to my car and dealerships.

If its that noticeable then Im sure something is done wrong, but why spend more money, show them what you see is wrong and have them taka a crack it again, If you see the wheels look more planted then something was wrong, learn as you go, but Z06 do tend to eat more of the inside of tire because of suspension specs, my rears went 15k miles but alot of burning them up and my fronts are at 20k and should be replaced soon because the inside is wore more, If you look at them from the outside you think they have alot of milage left,whenyou turn the wheel to show the inside you can tell the wear :yeadog:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These new tires have about 4700 miles on them. From what everyone says this is normal so I can live with that. Looking at a set of those new Wide Ovals to try out soon. Thanks! :thumb:

·
Registered
844 Posts
I just replaced my fronts at 25K miles and they are worn on the inside like most everyone else. I probably have anothe 5K miles left on the rears and there is no wear on the insides. I agree with above-take it back and get it done correctly or get a refund. ;)

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just called the dealer, they said they did a 4 wheel alignment and the service rep. keyed it in wrong. Looks like we will find out if I have any unusual tire wear in the future. If this is BS and my tires continue to wear at an accelerated rate, would'nt the dealer be responsible for the damaged parts (tires)? :ity:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
SGT. PYLE said:
Just called the dealer, they said they did a 4 wheel alignment and the service rep. keyed it in wrong. Looks like we will find out if I have any unusual tire wear in the future. If this is BS and my tires continue to wear at an accelerated rate, would'nt the dealer be responsible for the damaged parts (tires)? :ity:
Not a chance. The Dealer will claim that you hit a pot hole or something and knocked it out of alignment. :z:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, that's exactly what I figured. Thanks guys! :cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts