Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i think i fried my right led circuit board, does anyone know where i can get one or how to fix the leds to, maybe hard wire in, or poss does anyone have a rearview mirror sitting around?

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Fried ? As In

Smoking the components right off the ckt board...also known as "letting the smoke out" of the components. How Did this happen young man !!?? :)
Well Relax....no matter....it is repairable by most any competent technician...The worst part of the job is one...dissassembly and removal ...two...finding and getting the parts in hand...
If in fact the circuit board is burned to the point where installing new LED's is impossible perhaps the best approach would be just getting a new or used board...Getting access to the Part Numbers of the LED's and the associated Voltage dropping resistors may prove difficult....Good Luck

A note aside...I really like that amber "helper" LED and
have been thinking about adding a couple more...

·
Registered
709 Posts
I came really close when I changed out my LED's. Ended up lifting up one of the traces on the right hand side circuit board. Got it to work with some creative soldering. Are you sure it's fried beyond repair??? Al

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeha im sure the one board is finshed, oh well it was a learning experience..lol. right now i contacted the company who makes the mirror, maybe they can help me out, so i just ppicke dup a new mirror from ebay for $45. im,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts