Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Rear window on hardtop

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Tracy 
#1 ·
How do you guys feel about cleaning that rear window and the front windshield? Pain in the butt! Isn't it?

#4 ·
Yep, major PIA. I've taken to drenching the windows with Windex No-Drip (works great, how do they do that?) and working with an old washcloth to really scrub the film and dirt off. Paper towels just don't work for me. I finish up with a little spray and the old crumpled newspaper trick. By then, I'm out of breath and just generally irritated at the whole thing. :(

#6 ·
Thanks for the welcome. As you can see, I'm VERY new to this forum. I'm a longtime member of another forum, and I see a few names over here that I recognize.

It was recommended a coupe racer pal of mine that I make the big trip over here to see and learn some new things that are 06 and FRC slanted. (Gawd, don't you just love the bobtail look of the Hardtop?!!) I've been mousing around, having a look, and it's a very nice site, for sure. I'm glad to be here.

I doubt I'll post much, unless I have some specific experience to contribute. I don't tend to chime in with "got my new _________ today!!" But I'll be lurking, reading, enjoying.....

Regards,

#8 ·
IMA,

I plan to have a look at the "cfive" site..............but I will not go to the C6 site, on general principles. :D All that speculation about 500 hp, etc. makes me :puke: . I figure I'll learn all about the C6 when Autoweek prints spyphotos and other info!!

I figure that if I get too caught up in the alleged C6 world, it will make me fret about the quicksilver 03 Z I want to order to replace my *beloved* 2000 FRC.

After owning all sorts of stuff, including a Hemi 'cuda, I can't imagine how ANYTHING can be all-around better than my FRC. But I've had those who know say that the 02 Z is beyond belief, so it looks like I'm gonna have to "step up" next June and place an order. Wife likes EB, but we both think it's too much "color" with the red calipers, so QS where we're headed.

#12 ·
Yeah, when the General announced the FRC and the concept around it, I about wet my pants.......it was exactly what I thought I wanted in a Vette. As soon as I got done buying and selling a few properties and got my shillings in order, I headed for my dealer in September 99. I ordered the car to my specs, and 8 weeks later I drove away for about $37,000. (a grand over invoice)

[this dealership is good to me....I ordered a 95 Z28 for $125 over invoice!!]

I was right. The car is perfect. A Vortex and a Kirban and a set of B&B quad ovals is all I've done, and that's plenty for me, as I've gotten lazy and just don't really want to pull the motor apart for a heads/cam job. I could do it easily enough, but I just don't feel the need for any MORE speed. (I must be getting old....er)

Which must mean that an '03 Z would be more "perfect", right? Somehow, I don't think I'll be able to pull off a grand over invoice again. I sure hate to sell my 2000, but I'm hoping the Z will at least parallel the good experiences (long road trips and total street dominence) that I've had with my FRC.

And yeah, this is a very nice website. Again, I'll generally lurk, but I'm doing some clutch hydraulics study and changes regarding problems during full-throttle powershifts, and I'll report back when I have something useful to say.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.