Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What has everyone used for tinting? I don't mean % of tint, but material. Also, what are you doing about the grid at the top of the glass so the film lays neatly.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
My tint guy has plenty of experience with the dots. He did a very good job and I'm completely satisfied. :D

The tint isn't completely smooth over the dots, but it has not lifted one bit. Besides, I have a Lifetime Warranty and he will fix any little thing I don't like about the work. I forgot to mention, I've been going to him for years - he's done tint on six cars for me.

Do a search, there's a lot of info on this topic.

Alex

·
Registered
152 Posts
Any pictures of the black vinyl or 'problem' dot area after tinting?...Wondering how it looks......... :cheers:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Icewasp said:
Any pictures of the black vinyl or 'problem' dot area after tinting?...Wondering how it looks......... :cheers:
Hmmm.... there's a camera around here somewhere.
:eek:o:

Alex

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Vista Mike said:
My tint guy used black vinyl on the dot matrix and it looks nice. :guiness: Mike
that's what I have on my car. You don't notice that the vinyl is even there

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Be sure to use window cleaner without ammonia in it to clean the film.I use the Stoner Glass cleaner.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Note the reminder, don't use regular glass cleaner.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I had a professional tint my back window but it looked so bad that I told him to remove it and leave it original.

Below is a picture taken with early morning dew. You can see around the dots where it didn't take. Looks good with just the side windows tinted.

·
Registered
353 Posts
my rear tint stops at the dots and sitting in the car you cannot see that it does. it doesnt matter how good the place is you get it from its going to lift sooner or later. just shop around for the good shops and it will stay good for a long time.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Icewasp said:
Are there any interior/exterior trim parts requiring removal in order to apply the window tint?
nope...just slap the tint on there

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Dragon said:
I had a professional tint my back window but it looked so bad that I told him to remove it and leave it original.

Below is a picture taken with early morning dew. You can see around the dots where it didn't take. Looks good with just the side windows tinted.
I didn't have to worry about that problem. The tint came up just before the dots and then the vinyl was applied to the rest. You can't tell inside or outside that it was done.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Any one have any experience with A1 Tint Doctor in Southern California and there results on the dots.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dragon said:
Did it ruin your grid when it was removed? Most of the tint has some contact type surface.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
weendoggy said:
Did it ruin your grid when it was removed? Most of the tint has some contact type surface.
No, it looks good as new.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I need a recommendation for the Northern Virginia area. Don't feel comfortable just picking someone out of the yellow pages. Oh, and don't recommend LA tint.

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
I have had LA Tint installed for three years with no problems. It was done at the Manassas store.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
EDONIS001 said:
...it doesnt matter how good the place is you get it from its going to lift sooner or later. just shop around for the good shops and it will stay good for a long time.
It may lift, sooner or later. But, if done by a good shop it will hardly lift over a period of a few years. Main thing is to make sure you have a Lifetime Warranty.

Alex :jammin:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts