Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello every one
I had my c6 z06 valve noise when I rise rpm to 2000,i think I had valve guide
lose (because I remove spring out on exhaust valve i move it with my finger),would I upgrade to aftermarket head or I take my cylinder head to machine shop for they install new valve guide .if I go with aftermarket with brand is good.thanks

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Hi tom Z06! :welcome: to the best Z06 forum on the web!

Sorry to hear about your dilemma, but you have come to the right place. Grab yourself a beverage. There will be others who will be responding to your inquiry. You are about to hear from some of the best and the brightest in the Z06 community. Welcome Aboard!

Nope! I am not an expert on the mechanical inner workings, so the best upgrade I ever performed on my Z was registering here on :z:

Please be sure to post the year and pics of your ride!

·
Registered
109 Posts
just curious, how many miles on the engine? I have a 07 with 18k and so far no issues. as for me i would consider the best option i could afford.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just curious, how many miles on the engine? I have a 07 with 18k and so far no issues. as for me i would consider the best option i could afford.
I got on my car 37k.the noise come on @2000rpm ,I can hear when I drive it .after I read many post online, make me worry when I drive it.

·
21,394 Posts
Get a set of Trick Flow heads and be done with it. BTW, some of these engines are noisy in the valve train. Some more than others. The noise by itself is nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks I am thinking about install new trick flow gen260,but don't know how good are they. They bester than stock? Would your guys here let me know .

·
Registered
277 Posts
My car has had noisy valve train since the day I got it. Seems to make noise from about 1500 RPM's to 2000 RPM's then goes away. Sounds like it is on the passenger side, had the Tech at the dealership check it, and it is just the nature of the beast, some are a little noisy. I'm not doing a thing to mine. If it blows them we'll talk, but I quit worrying about it a long time ago.

Reactions: jub jub

·
Registered
1 Posts
My winter project is to pull the heads on my 07 Z and have them rebuilt. They are all stock as of right now.
My car is procharged running 6.5psi and a mild Cam.
What do you guys recommend to have done to the heads? Best bang for the buck on a budget.
The car is daily driven street car. vidmate instasave

·
Registered
7 Posts
hello every one
lose (because I remove spring out on exhaust valve i move it with my finger),would I upgrade to aftermarket head or I take my cylinder head to machine shop for they install new valve guide .if I go with aftermarket with brand is good.thanks
So i just did a H/C/I/E on my 2012 Z06 with 5000 miles...this is my second Z06 ...i went with Race Proven Motorsports with there stage 3 package...i live near Advanced Induction so i was able to drop my heads off there and get them back...my set were number 361 and Bill at RPM says they have never had a failure in the valve train with AI heads so pretty good average there as for the ticking ...i have found that running Joe Gibbs oil Driven series the LS30 quietens the sowing machine effect that you get with these LS motors...give RPM a look on there website...hope this helps

·
Registered
7 Posts
hello every one
So i purchased a practically new 2012 Z06 with 4391 miles and i had absolutely no issues whatsoever but i had a plan...i knew i wanted peace of mind and an upgrade in power and sound so i already decided on using Race Proven Motorsports stage 3 package and because of where i live , NC , i was close enough to take my heads to Advanced Induction to get the heads fixed and keep my original low mileage heads , an important step for me , I spoke with Bill at RPM and he told me they have never had a valve failure with there stock reworked heads...my heads are #361 so pretty good track record wouldn't you say and you can just do the heads only for a reasonable price and save even more if you can do yourself...give Bill a call he can answer any question you might have...hope this helps.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Four years ago I posted that I was not going to mess with my heads. However as time moved on back in February of 2020 I
decided to have my heads reworked. My tech told me the same thing, after getting the heads reworked they are almost bullet proof. Had Ferrea exhaust valves installed, along with valve seal guides, shims, springs etc. My tech recommended replacing the factory trunion's because they have a tendency to fail. As long as the heads were off, I had the heads surfaced, did a valve job and had the bowls blended. The machine shop I used recommended that if going to a higher lift cam to replace the factory push rods for more valve train stability. If not the factory push rods were fine. I then had the car re-tuned. The difference was huge. Max air flow at WOT, went from 55 lbs/per minute to 70 lbs/per minute. I picked up 30/30 hp/tq. from the head work and re-tune. The head work, parts and labor, cost me $2K but I kept my stock heads.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts