Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last few months I have changed the car a bit. Last week I had a set of Doug Rippie Motorsports coilovers installed and the car aligned and cornerweighted. I also added some CCW's recently and some other mods you really cant see.

I have this driveway from hell and should have known better not to lower my car. I high centered the car on the driveway when I got home and had to use the Tundra to pull it into the garage. Not very fun. I have tried using all sorts of wood combo's and they just don't work. So I had to order some aluminum ramps that will be here Wednesday so I can finally get my car out of my driveway.

Here is a pic of it all cleaned up. Too bad I cant leave my property with it. :(

·
Registered
51 Posts
I also want to drop the car with true coilovers, but dread the problem you're having. I scrape enough at stock height, and am getting the A&A rocker savers even w/o lowering.
Your black Z06 looks bad ass.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
georges03zo6 said:
The last few months I have changed the car a bit. Last week I had a set of Doug Rippie Motorsports coilovers installed and the car aligned and cornerweighted. I also added some CCW's recently and some other mods you really cant see.

I have this driveway from hell and should have known better not to lower my car. I high centered the car on the driveway when I got home and had to use the Tundra to pull it into the garage. Not very fun. I have tried using all sorts of wood combo's and they just don't work. So I had to order some aluminum ramps that will be here Wednesday so I can finally get my car out of my driveway.

Here is a pic of it all cleaned up. Too bad I cant leave my property with it. :(

George,
The car looks great!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Car looks fantastic. Sorry about the high-centering. I have sometimes thought it would be nice if there was an easy way to add an "on the fly" ride height adjustment to our cars. I don't think there is though....

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Great looking ride :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
881 Posts
georges03zo6 said:
Thanks for the replys everyone. Once I get this thing out I'll take some better pics at a different location. :)

George
Don't forget to bring jacks and ramps and maybe a little Vaseline!! :p

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey I can make it up and down his driveway without scraping.
Just do like I did when I left your house...
Drive over your lawn, your neighbors lawn, until you hit a house where the driveway is not steep. Im sure the neighbors will understand, it's a Z06.
Btw George, she looks gorgeous.
On another note ----> I talked a friend of mine into getting his first corvette. I found him a 84 red one. 4+3 tranny and they guy has had it the last 13 years from the original owner as a weekend car. It's in unbelievalbe shape inside and out with only 84k miles, got it for him for $4600 w/clean title. Yeah yeah yeah, its an 84, but a good starter vette. He's never owned any type of sports car so he was afraid to push it when he test drove it. I test drove it 1st with the owner. It's really slow, I think 205 hp. But to my friend it feels like he's in a race car when he takes a corner, pretty funny. I give him 2 weeks before he starts looking for more power.
I'm gonna send him to you to get his car detailed, he picks it up later this week.
Lets get together soon my brother.
Aldo

·
Registered
878 Posts
great looking Z.. i got a driveway with a small ridge in it and i got the same prob's that's why i haven't lowered mine-it scrapes the air dam everytime i enter or exit ,
I HATE MY DRIVEWAY
i think i have scraped off about an 1/8 inch of the ol black plastic.....ugh
picx of my Qs
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74991&page=1&pp=15
isn't the Z a blast !!! :usa:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Aldo said:
Hey I can make it up and down his driveway without scraping.
Just do like I did when I left your house...
Drive over your lawn, your neighbors lawn, until you hit a house where the driveway is not steep. Im sure the neighbors will understand, it's a Z06.
Btw George, she looks gorgeous.
On another note ----> I talked a friend of mine into getting his first corvette. I found him a 84 red one. 4+3 tranny and they guy has had it the last 13 years from the original owner as a weekend car. It's in unbelievalbe shape inside and out with only 84k miles. Yeah yeah yeah, its an 84, but a good starter vette. He's never owned any type of sports car so he was afraid to push it when he test drove it. I test drove it 1st with the owner. It's really slow, I think 205 hp. But to my friend it feels like he's in a race car when he takes a corner, pretty funny. I give him 2 weeks before he starts looking for more power.
I'm gonna send him to you to get his car detailed, he picks it up later this week.
Lets get together soon my brother.
Aldo

Hey, nice to hear from you. Just dont let your buddy drive your car because he will really think his is slow. I'm willing to detail it anytime he is ready.

We should get together sometime soon and bring the cars out for a little cruise. I'll let you know when I get my car out of the driveway either tomorrow or Thursday. Take care...

George

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Hey George,

Who's cam is that you are running. Specs look interesting.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts