Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

GM had several cars on display at the Brighton (MI) Car Show today. A GTO, Malibu and this Red Convert. GM dealers are selling various GM accessories for the C6. Here is one of several pics I took. Notice the chrome 10 spoke wheels. :thumb:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Nice looking ride. :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

The rear end has 4 different GM parts..Can you identify all 4? And no, the bowtie license plate is not one of 'em.

Zipster :usa: :usa:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
That looks like the Indy 500 Pace Car paint job... i like it, and I like it better than the stripes on my z16

·
Registered
996 Posts
Zippy said:

The rear end has 4 different GM parts..Can you identify all 4? And no, the bowtie license plate is not one of 'em.

Zipster :usa: :usa:
Let's see... The red licence plate holder, the large red lip on the top (instead of the narrow black one), the red part under (instead of the black one).

But I can't find the 4th one!!! Is the exhaust a special one? A Corsa one maybe?

Geoff

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics Zippy.

I like the cleaner look of the rear end when it is body-color like in the pics instead of the blacked-out color like stock C6s.

I like the bright mesh in the front side ducts too. BUT, I think I'd take the stock rims over those ten-spokes.

:cheers:

·
Banned
809 Posts
Jofu said:
Let's see... The red licence plate holder, the large red lip on the top (instead of the narrow black one), the red part under (instead of the black one).

But I can't find the 4th one!!! Is the exhaust a special one? A Corsa one maybe?

Geoff
That's my guess too. I like the color matched the area around the backup lights because it makes the backup lights look less obvious.

The exhaust definitely doesn't look stock.

I don't like many of the mods on this car at all.

Sal

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
The 4th one is the GM performance exhaust (made or copied from Borla). :D

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Yup, it's the exhaust. I thought the red carbon fiber lower area (around the back up lights) would throw you guys off.

Here's a close up.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Great looking car, the rear spoiler is a nice improvement.
I use to fondly refer to my Vettes as "the plastic Chevy", but I still can't get over the gray plastic they use around the exhaust. :puke:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Does anyone know what GM's intentions are with these parts? Are they going to make them available as options on the 2006 C6 (verts and coupes) or are these just for show?

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dmac said:
Does anyone know what GM's intentions are with these parts? Are they going to make them available as options on the 2006 C6 (verts and coupes) or are these just for show?

They are purchased thru your Chevy dealer. As best as I iknow, they will NOT be options on the 2006 Vette.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts