Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever heard of Red Devil Brakes? I just looked at their website. Their main C5 system consists of ceramic coated titanium rotors: front drilled and slotted weighs 8lb 12ozs each, rears drilled and slotted weighs 7lb 2ozs each. Billet calipers 6 piston front weigh 6lb 12oz/4 piston rears are 5lbs 3oz. I figured the cost to be about $8000-8500. They say the complete kit weighs 33lbs less than stock and stops an average of 85-90 feet from 60mph.

Anybody have personal experience or other opions on these?

·
Registered
7 Posts
8 grand !!!! yikes! I'd rather go on a diet!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I looked on the Lingenfelter site for brakes. They have Brembos front and rear kits for sale. The front kit is $3000+ and the rear kit is $2000+. So I figure that if anybody out there wants to go all out on the brakes where Brembo is a big name, you could one-up that person with these. Ha Ha!

I got an even better one though. If you really wanted to go all out you could try to beg Pratt & Miller for a set of C6R carbon fiber rotors for I believe was either $10,000 for all four or $10,000 each. That's just the rotors!

If you watched Rides on TLC the other night you would know where I got that from. GOOD SHOW!! During the show I think I also saw P&M's GTO Grand Am racer in the backgroud in the shop. It was painted orange and I think it was up on jacks or something. I read the article in High Performance Pontiac magazine about it.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Very nice...Way expensive...
I would guess fantastic for a street car
I am not sure about a track car. Heat transfer from the titanium rotors back into the caliper, fluid, etc... Probably works great in Nascar. At that price, Porsche or Alcon ceramics start looking attractive as well.
Mario has them on his street car.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
tnvette427 said:
Anybody ever heard of Red Devil Brakes? I just looked at their website. Their main C5 system consists of ceramic coated titanium rotors: front drilled and slotted weighs 8lb 12ozs each, rears drilled and slotted weighs 7lb 2ozs each. Billet calipers 6 piston front weigh 6lb 12oz/4 piston rears are 5lbs 3oz. I figured the cost to be about $8000-8500. They say the complete kit weighs 33lbs less than stock and stops an average of 85-90 feet from 60mph.

Anybody have personal experience or other opions on these?
Yes, I checked out "Red Devil" brakes abt. a year ago. Talked to one of their staff. I could not get them to come down on the price @ all.
You fig. for that price you could have alot of other things that will make er' go other than weight savings in brakes...I went w the Baer Eradi Speed + :)

Andy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Grim Reaper said:
Very nice...Way expensive...
I would guess fantastic for a street car
I am not sure about a track car. Heat transfer from the titanium rotors back into the caliper, fluid, etc... Probably works great in Nascar. At that price, Porsche or Alcon ceramics start looking attractive as well.
Mario has them on his street car.

They do have NASCAR qualifying brakes for Daytona and Talladega that are Chromoly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts