Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Torch Red 2001 Z06. I've got orders in for 2002 for both a Red and a Yellow. My dealer got allocated 40 Z06s last year so I'm pretty sure both cars will show up (eventually.) Dealer says I can take either and he'll have no trouble selling the other. Here's my dilema, most civilians (non-vette owners) consider Red to be the quintessential color for a corvette. Of course, we all know which color Chevy went with for the racing team. Do you guys(gals) have a recomendation and a reason why?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I think my answer is obvious - RED !!!!

Remember, you're buying the Vette for YOU - not for others, so get the color YOU like, not what you think others would like.

My $.02

Museum Delivery Mirrors Memory Mats
FRC Partition
NCM Life #637
Corvette Atlanta
C5 Registry
DHC Member (Dead Husbands Club)

My Museum Delivery

Signature by Jason

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

On 2001-08-10 21:46, EZ2XLR8 spewed forth this drivel:
I've got a Torch Red 2001 Z06. I've got orders in for 2002 for both a Red and a Yellow. My dealer got allocated 40 Z06s last year so I'm pretty sure both cars will show up (eventually.) Dealer says I can take either and he'll have no trouble selling the other. Here's my dilema, most civilians (non-vette owners) consider Red to be the quintessential color for a corvette. Of course, we all know which color Chevy went with for the racing team. Do you guys(gals) have a recomendation and a reason why?
I chose blue. Both red and yellow scream to the police "come and get me!" You can see the yellow car five miles away on a foggy day. I'm buying this car to drive it....fast!! The blue, black or silver cars are much less likely to draw attention.

JMIO jerboa /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I AGREE WITH MANATEE, COLOR SELECTION SHOULD BE BASED ON WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY WITHOUT REGARD TO WHAT OTHERS LIKE. I LIKE BLACK, BUT TO EACH HIS OWN. ENJOY WHATEVER YOU DECIDE!!

G

·
There is n't a wrong color for the car..that said..since you have a 2001 in red..go for the 2002 in yellow...

JMO

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Forget what others think, get which ever color you like the best. I suggest you see/drive both in person. They are both great colors, my first two choices. MY really stands out, it looks great even when the car is dirty. But then it's $600 more and usually a longer wait. I went with MY, but Red w/mod-red interior was my second choice. Either way, you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
I have to agree with Jerboa. My Torch Red Roadster drew cops like I was on fire. I will be in the stealth mode with EB. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd be happy with Red or Yellow. I'm looking for practical feedback on Red vs Yellow, like "Red doesn't fade as fast" or "Yellow's easier to match for touchups" or "Red gets less tickets" or "Yellow will have better resale value."
Y'know, that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I don't know if Yellow will have better resale or not. People who really want one would pay a premium to get it ($600 even), but you're going to have to wait a while to get it. There's not going to be near the number of interested buyers as there will be for red. Red is and always has been the most popular color on Vettes. Heap mod red interior on it, and you've really narrowed the market.

Other factors are a push, IMO.

G

·

On 2001-08-10 22:27, EZ2XLR8 spewed forth this drivel:
I'd be happy with Red or Yellow. I'm looking for practical feedback on Red vs Yellow, like "Red doesn't fade as fast" or "Yellow's easier to match for touchups" or "Red gets less tickets" or "Yellow will have better resale value."
Y'know, that kind of stuff.
I kind of think color is an emotional decision..I don't think and this is just my opinion..practical feedback would be of any assistance..but here goes..

Yellow costs 600 dollars more..it would be more difficult to match because of tint coat?

Red..is always a classic and probably easier to match..easier to sell as the years go by..

Red usually is a stronger resale value in general for sports cars..(Key word..in general)

All that said both will attract cops like flys to sh-t..but who cares..really any vette will do that..

Get the color you like..if you love the red 2001..then get red again..nothing but your own personal choice...

Then again...if you chose another different color..every time you got in it..you would know its your second zo6...

You are a lucky man...

Both the 2001 and 2002 ZO6 are awesome..

·
Registered
76 Posts
How about one of each /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
For me, it was a tough choice between EB, TR, and MY. When I finally saw EB in person, I decided it wasn't for me. The final deciding factor was the mod red seats which I had to have. I felt that mod red would go better with Torch than Mil. Yellow. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong with red or yellow. They both look awesome!

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have had 2 yellow vettes. Absolutely loved them for the first year. Hated the color after that. The last 4 out of 5 vettes have been red. I still love red after 15 years of ownership.
Yellow just grows sour on me personally.
If you are thinking about mod red interior, I think it matches the red exterior perfectly. So do the red calipers.
Just my opinion.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, now that's the kind of feedback I was looking for. Thanks all, this is really helping. If anyone else has thoughts, please share.

·
Registered
331 Posts
well i guess it would come down to how fast you want to drive your 02!!! as you know m/y is a wait and a hassle(at least to me) /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif but it is a sharp color and probably worth the wait!!! red is sharp to and i have been given serious thought to either a red or e/b myself!!!!! just due to the constrant on m/y. i would of liked to be racing mine /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif before the winter......... like someone else said get what you want though and that counts the most!!! peace...... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I would thing that a determining factor may be how long you plan to hang on to it. MY may be more difficult to sell to others (love it or hate it) than red, but then again MY will look cleaner more often. Don't know how often you like to wash your cars though or what type of environment you will keep it in. Just my .02.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.