Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was very sunny on my way to work and all I could see was the HUD bezel and dash reflections in my windshield, very distracting.

DRIOD

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the same problem, but it's especially bad after I armor-all the dash. I'm going to try the low-gloss protectant and see if that helps.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
I wouldn't know. Still waiting for the damn snow to thaw :cen:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Never armorall the dash, damn shiny reflection kills you. :(

Jack

·
Registered
79 Posts
I believe you're going to have that problem in any car with a steeply angled windshield.

Put it this way - you could always get a minivan... :D

·
Registered
881 Posts
Ditto on never armoral the dash. However, a pair of polarized sunglasses will help a lot to reduce the reflection you are seeing on your windshield. I have Maui Jims and love them for driving.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I have thought about getting a dash mat, but it would not help with the HUD glare.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Get a pair of polarized DRIVING sunglasses. It will completely get rid of the glare, and will make it so that you can see farther down the road than you normally would be able to.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I use the polarized sun glasses while golfing too.....really helps follow the ball against the hazy skyline and bright sun; and I hit so darn far. :roll: :coo:

Bob :cool:

·
Registered
236 Posts
I had that happen to me after she was sitting out in the sun for awhile,it went away after a couple of minutes.I had used Lexol on the dash.Won't be doing the dash anymore-can't get down to the bottom anyway.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Not to polish dash but for dusting , wrap lint free rag around a ruler and gently proceed to get to bottom of dash near windshield.

GASH EB 02

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I have always wanted to cover the dash in black suede. May be my next mode.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts