Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have over 450rwhp right now. I want to go to the track with it. I also have ET Streets. What do i need so i dont break a shaft? How much do the parts cost. I have access to a lift, can i do the install myself. I put the blower on myself, so could i handle the output shafts?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
KillerVette said:
Nice! Hard to put on???
Yes, not something I would want to do. I'd call and ask all what's involved :cheers:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I installed both myself ! The brace and the left output shaft ! If you put a blower on you shouldn't have too much problem with the left shaft !

Rob :D

·
Registered
967 Posts
KillerVette said:
awesome....now the problem of getting the money for the parts :(
Found out the hard way, going fast isn't cheap.... :(

·
Registered
270 Posts
Strut and shafts (that sounds so dirty) is a whole lot cheaper than a new rear. Or multiple rears. That's how I was able to justify the cost ;)

Dope

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
I agree with the rest about the hardened output shaft and diff/tranny brace!

It will NOT guarantee against breakage but it sure puts the odds in your favor.

Mike

(Rob, I offer kuddo's to you if you self installed the brace. I helped the guys at MCRacing a little when they installed mine and it was harder than I thought. Part of that was from my 3" exhaust system though)

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
MikesZ06 said:
I agree with the rest about the hardened output shaft and diff/tranny brace!

It will NOT guarantee against breakage but it sure puts the odds in your favor.

Mike

(Rob, I offer kuddo's to you if you self installed the brace. I helped the guys at MCRacing a little when they installed mine and it was harder than I thought. Part of that was from my 3" exhaust system though)
I installed mine when I installed my exedy twin disk ! I had it on the floor which made it alot easier but it was tight putting it all back in !

Rob :thumb:

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Rob1Vet said:
I installed mine when I installed my exedy twin disk ! I had it on the floor which made it alot easier but it was tight putting it all back in !

Rob :thumb:
Same here. The only problem I have is the passenger,over axle pipe, is making contact with the brace. I need to either remove some metal off the brace or indent the pipe.

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
KCMAGS said:
Same here. The only problem I have is the passenger,over axle pipe, is making contact with the brace. I need to either remove some metal off the brace or indent the pipe.
That's the problem we had with a 3" exhaust Mags. We had to do a little trim job on one of the brace plates.

Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts