Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to disable the Key FOB from activating the seat/mirror/radio memory? I've been having a problem where the FOB is misreading the memory every time I use it to unlock the car - for some reason it's moving the driver's side mirror all the way outward every time (I've set the memory with the mirror and seat in the correct position numerous times). Sometimes it even moves the seat all the way forward. No one can seem to figure out what's wrong, and the dealer did jack squat to help me out...

Is there any way to have the wireless entry ONLY lock/unlock the doors? I can't think of anything else at this point, other than just manually locking and unlocking the doors, but I'm lazy so that's not an option I'd like to take :lol: thanks!

:cheers:

·
Registered
891 Posts
Look in your owners manual. You program that stuff on the digital dashboard. Mine was set that way when I got it and I turned everything off.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UstaB-GS549 said:
Look in your owners manual. You program that stuff on the digital dashboard. Mine was set that way when I got it and I turned everything off.
How did u turn it off? I went through the settings on the DD and didn't see anything like, "FOB activate memory?". I still want the FOB to unlock the doors, I just don't want it to activate the memory - that would be nice considering the stupid memory has gone completely haywire... :flaming:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Pardon this dumb response but, are you sure that you're using the right key fob? In other words, the #1 fob will operate the #1 memory settings and the #2 fob wil operate the #2 settings. If you're using the #2 fob, by mistake.......you will never get the memory settings to repond the the #1 settings in the car!
Again, you may have already though of this but.........my .02 anyway. :eek::

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Z06 Rocket said:
How did u turn it off? I went through the settings on the DD and didn't see anything like, "FOB activate memory?". I still want the FOB to unlock the doors, I just don't want it to activate the memory - that would be nice considering the stupid memory has gone completely haywire... :flaming:
If I remember correctly (which is rare), it's not a "FOB..." category on the DIC that you want to toggle, but a MEMORY category. I think you can simply turn the seat memory off.

Also, I think that you can sit in the car, get your seat comfortable, and then press and hold the #1 memory button, and then do the same for the #2 memory button. That make it so that both of those buttons put your seat in the same spot.

-Kirk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Press the 'Options' button and scroll through until you get to what i think is called Easy Entry. Set this to off. This disables the key FOB from controlling the memory of the seat for sure...I'm not sure about what else though.

Mark

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
I'm not trying to be an ass, but has anyone tried reading the owners manual??
I know this is covered because I've read it!!
Look for the number on the back of the FOB in your hand!!
You can try to reprogram mem1 all day long, but if you have #2 in the ignition, you are SOL!

If you are doing it correctly, take it to the dealer!!

Ken

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kens06 said:
I'm not trying to be an ass, but has anyone tried reading the owners manual??
I know this is covered because I've read it!!
Look for the number on the back of the FOB in your hand!!
You can try to reprogram mem1 all day long, but if you have #2 in the ignition, you are SOL!

If you are doing it correctly, take it to the dealer!!

Ken
Dude, I read the owners manual through and through. Section 2-7, I believe, explains the memory system, and how the RKE (Remote Keyless Entry) transmitter can control either memory 1, or memory 2. What the manual doesn't explain, is how to disable the RKE from controlling the memory.

Actually, I wouldn't even mind disabling the memory altogether, because it's being a pain in the ass! Like I said, the outside rearview mirror (driver's side) keeps moving all the way outward every damn time I use the RKE to unlock the car. I took it to the dealer, and they said they "reprogrammed it", but that didn't do shit... I'm not too keen on taking it back there either. I'm really starting to think the only remedy for this problem is unlocking the door with the damn key! :flaming:

Anyone have any suggestions???

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Is the turning off the Easy Exit/Entry on your DIC, is that of any help? :cheers:

·
Banned
107 Posts
I'm with IT L GO on this one. Easy Entry/Exit is the feature which moves the seat/mirrors to the backmost position when you remove the key from the ignition. It will also move the seat to the FOB memory position after opening the door with the FOB and inserting the key into the ignition.

If you turn this feature off, the seat will stay where you last set it all the time.

It sounds like you have a servo or sensor problem in the mirror. It may be that the mirror got forcefully moved at some point after it was aligned... or it's just plain old defective.

Because it's part of the internal electronics, check for a trouble code.

IPC Display and DTC Codes, a powerful device.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The IPC display, the 20-character, vacuum florescent screen above the steering column that says "Corvette by Chevrolet" every time you turn on the key is a powerful device.

DIY Service Techs are going to be most interested in the LPG’s ability to show diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) for all the modules that transmit them.

The "diagnostic display" mode is entered with the following Procedure: Page 8-500

1) Turn on the ignition but don't start the engine.
2) Press the "reset" button to turn off any warning messages
3) Press and hold "options" and
4) While holding "options", press "fuel" four times within a 10-Second period.

Initially, the on-board diagnostics go into the "automatic" mode, which shows each module's DTCs in a
pre-set sequence: (Page No. are for the GM Service Manual)
10 PCNI Powertrain Control Module page 6-357 - 6-361
28 TCS Traction Control system ABS on page 5-86
?? RTD Real Time damping page 3-136
40 BCM Body Control Module page 8-405 LTD Page 8-727
60 [PC instrument Pane! Cluster page 8-508
80 radio page 8-213
99 FIVAC Heater Vent-Air Conditioning page 1-118
A0 LDCM Left Door Control module page 8-904 to 8-951
Al RDCM Right Door Control Module page 8-904 to 8-951
AC SCM Seat Control module page 8-1064-8-1082
B0 RFA Remote Function Actuation page 8-676

Looking through the codes, you might see something in the LDCM area:
A0-LDCM - Left Door Control Module
B2202 Left Window Up Switch Fault
B2204 Left Window Down Switch Fault
B2206 Right Window Up Switch Fault
B2208 Right Window Down Switch Fault
B2222 LT Mirror Select Switch Fault
B2224 RT Mirror Select Switch Fault
B2226 Mirror Right Switch Fault
B2228 Mirror Left Switch Fault
B2232 Mirror Up Switch Fault
B2234 Mirror Down Switch Fault
B2236 Left Door Lock Switch Fault
B2238 Left Door UnLock Switch Fault
B2242 Memory 1 Switch Fault
B2244 Memory 2 Switch Fault
B2252 Key Cylinder Switch Fault
B2262 Horizontal Position Sensor Fit
B2264 Vertical Position Sensor Fault
B2272 Left Mirror Motor Fault
B2274 Window Motor Fault
B2276 Door Lock Motor/Mirror Heater Fit
B2282 Battery #1 Fault
B2284 Battery #2 Fault
B2286 +5V Reference Fault
U1064 Loss of Communications with BCM
U1096 Loss of Communications with IPC
U1255 Serial Data Line Malfunction

Make sure it's a current code (With a "C") next to it. But you may also have "H" codes that are historical. Either way, you can clear them and then see if they reset after you have the problem again.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Z06Newbie said:
I'm with IT L GO on this one. Easy Entry/Exit is the feature which moves the seat/mirrors to the backmost position when you remove the key from the ignition. It will also move the seat to the FOB memory position after opening the door with the FOB and inserting the key into the ignition.

If you turn this feature off, the seat will stay where you last set it all the time.

It sounds like you have a servo or sensor problem in the mirror. It may be that the mirror got forcefully moved at some point after it was aligned... or it's just plain old defective.

Because it's part of the internal electronics, check for a trouble code.

IPC Display and DTC Codes, a powerful device.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The IPC display, the 20-character, vacuum florescent screen above the steering column that says "Corvette by Chevrolet" every time you turn on the key is a powerful device.

DIY Service Techs are going to be most interested in the LPG’s ability to show diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) for all the modules that transmit them.

The "diagnostic display" mode is entered with the following Procedure: Page 8-500

1) Turn on the ignition but don't start the engine.
2) Press the "reset" button to turn off any warning messages
3) Press and hold "options" and
4) While holding "options", press "fuel" four times within a 10-Second period.

Initially, the on-board diagnostics go into the "automatic" mode, which shows each module's DTCs in a
pre-set sequence: (Page No. are for the GM Service Manual)
10 PCNI Powertrain Control Module page 6-357 - 6-361
28 TCS Traction Control system ABS on page 5-86
?? RTD Real Time damping page 3-136
40 BCM Body Control Module page 8-405 LTD Page 8-727
60 [PC instrument Pane! Cluster page 8-508
80 radio page 8-213
99 FIVAC Heater Vent-Air Conditioning page 1-118
A0 LDCM Left Door Control module page 8-904 to 8-951
Al RDCM Right Door Control Module page 8-904 to 8-951
AC SCM Seat Control module page 8-1064-8-1082
B0 RFA Remote Function Actuation page 8-676

Looking through the codes, you might see something in the LDCM area:
A0-LDCM - Left Door Control Module
B2202 Left Window Up Switch Fault
B2204 Left Window Down Switch Fault
B2206 Right Window Up Switch Fault
B2208 Right Window Down Switch Fault
B2222 LT Mirror Select Switch Fault
B2224 RT Mirror Select Switch Fault
B2226 Mirror Right Switch Fault
B2228 Mirror Left Switch Fault
B2232 Mirror Up Switch Fault
B2234 Mirror Down Switch Fault
B2236 Left Door Lock Switch Fault
B2238 Left Door UnLock Switch Fault
B2242 Memory 1 Switch Fault
B2244 Memory 2 Switch Fault
B2252 Key Cylinder Switch Fault
B2262 Horizontal Position Sensor Fit
B2264 Vertical Position Sensor Fault
B2272 Left Mirror Motor Fault
B2274 Window Motor Fault
B2276 Door Lock Motor/Mirror Heater Fit
B2282 Battery #1 Fault
B2284 Battery #2 Fault
B2286 +5V Reference Fault
U1064 Loss of Communications with BCM
U1096 Loss of Communications with IPC
U1255 Serial Data Line Malfunction

Make sure it's a current code (With a "C") next to it. But you may also have "H" codes that are historical. Either way, you can clear them and then see if they reset after you have the problem again.

Yeah I've had the "Easy Entry" mode off since I got the Zee - I just thought the seat moving every time I got out and in was annoying, but I noticed it didn't turn off the enabling of the memory by the RKE. They really should have a feature that disables the memory altogether...
That diagnostic display feature is something I didn't think of, or even know about ;), so I'll give that a try, and let you know if it works out! Thanks for your help guys...

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I agree with HDRAMROD above. This is exactly what would happen if you were programming memory #1 but using FOB #2 (or the other way around).

The FOBs have a number molded into their backs. "1" and "2". Be sure you're using the right one.

Or alternately, set things up the way you like and then program memory #1 and then without moving anything program memory #2 so they both are set for the same positions.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RocketSled said:
I agree with HDRAMROD above. This is exactly what would happen if you were programming memory #1 but using FOB #2 (or the other way around).

The FOBs have a number molded into their backs. "1" and "2". Be sure you're using the right one.

Or alternately, set things up the way you like and then program memory #1 and then without moving anything program memory #2 so they both are set for the same positions.
Yeah I've done that a few times as well...that's actually the last thing I tried - I set both memory 1 and 2 at the same exact settings, and for some stupid reason, regardless of which RKE Transmitter I use, the mirror moves all the way outward. Maybe it's an electrical problem, but if it'd be a lot to repair, I'll just deal with moving the mirror back every time I get in the car - although that's a real pain in the ass!

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
The easy entry program moves the mirrors??? I haven't noticed that one. Sounds kinda goofy to me. :screwy:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cave Man said:
The easy entry program moves the mirrors??? I haven't noticed that one. Sounds kinda goofy to me. :screwy:
No, I think someone was mistaken. I believe in the owners manual it mentions that particular feature moves only the seat back, so it's easier to get in and out... hence the verbage "Easy Entry". ;)

I still have to check the diagnostics and see if there's something wrong with the mirror motor or something...

·
Registered
77 Posts
ok guys come on now... im new to this board and i know the answer... :) YES it moves your mirrors. YES lots of people have problems with the mirrors because GM used some faulty springs and cheap parts and the mirror will be able to wiggle around and will go to the wrong spot all the time... how do i know this you may ask??? MINE DOES THE SAME THING!!! :( ill post up the link to the site where the guy fixed it if im allowed to???

·
Registered
891 Posts
This may be a long shot, but is it possible key fob battery is getting low and causing problems?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LostCause said:
ok guys come on now... im new to this board and i know the answer... :) YES it moves your mirrors. YES lots of people have problems with the mirrors because GM used some faulty springs and cheap parts and the mirror will be able to wiggle around and will go to the wrong spot all the time... how do i know this you may ask??? MINE DOES THE SAME THING!!! :( ill post up the link to the site where the guy fixed it if im allowed to???
Can you send me a PM with the info?? I'm eager to fix it, as I'm sure you know it's a royal pain in the ass! Thanks man. :thumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts