Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
I removed my screen as part of my Halltech package installation. Some are reporting idling problems. I have not tried mine out yet due to the weather here. I'll have to wait and see if I have any problems.

As far as removel its easy. You can't remove it with out destroying it. I worked a small screw driver around the edges. It pry's right out. Be careful not to damage the small wires behind the screen.

Mark

D

·
0 Posts
Does anyone know the dyno results of doing this mod....The real numbers...I have talked to Mallett and Lingenfelter, they both have said don't do it. Period. For what it's worth Dennis

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I took the screen out of my 00 Coupe. It ran fine most of the time, but some times had the hunting at idle. It was worth @.05 at the drag strip. I think I will leave it in the ZO6 after talking to john at LPE. Ric

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had been racing with mine in, but the GM engineer at the track said take it out! So I did. Not problems. Obviously, just keep a good filter in the car.

I wonder if the people with idle problems may have damaged theirs during removal?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Y2K It's the posible unmeterd air, with won't hurt at the track just will lean it out slightly so it will be quicker but it might hurt the idle or not, it's a hit or miss type problem for the every day driver. Ric

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I took mine out of my C5 and the Z06 will be pulled out the first day or two. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts