Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys:

I had a local wheel repair shop repaint my stock Z06 wheels a brighter silver. My friend (Porsche owner) told me that all the Porsche guys go there, So i fugured they must be good.

PM me for paint code

Chrome is way overdone in my opinion and I did not want to go that route (weight reasons also)

I am impressed at the improvements in the look of the car. I found the dark wheel color really brought down the overall color of the car. They did a great job on the wheels, clear coated also! NO runs, or drips, put on hidden wheels weights, clear coated them too ! Guarantee for as long as I own the car. All for $420.00 total out the door ! If your in Dallas, I will give you a contact name. They even re-painted the emblem on the center cap red !

Many more pics on my web site (click links down the web page)

http://mysite.verizon.net/res0aae8/webpage.html

Z49 (aka Toque)

·
Registered
131 Posts
The wheels look really good in the sun,they almost match the car's paint itself. You defintley convinced me i need to tint the window's on my QS though.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Either way your car is beautiful :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
806 Posts
:thumb: :D :z:

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Ever since Ms. Cathy got her CR-V, I've been looking at her silver painted Honda wheels, and thinking, that would look good on the stock Z06 wheel. Thanks for convincing me to do it. Nice pics. Thanks again. :thumb:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Looks really good in a lighter color. PM sent!

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
That looks sharp..

I always thought the Ferrari 360's painted rims and/or the BMW's M5 painted rims looked cool.

Always thought the lighter titanium metallic look of those factory rims from a few years back were really sharp..

Just didn't want to spend the time making the Z's rims that color.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
pm sent.

pics of the painted rims look great. i was thinking of having the rims painted and machined like the panther wheels but they look good in your pics with paint alone.

forgot to ask in the pm... how much to paint per wheel?

thanks,
don

·
Registered
63 Posts
Didn't you have your wheels machined just a few weeks ago? I think it looks great right now but I liked it even better with the machined look.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
MYVetteBy25 said:
Didn't you have your wheels machined just a few weeks ago? I think it looks great right now but I liked it even better with the machined look.
Yes thoes were my Machined wheels. My friend liked them better than I did, so he bought them off me. I decided to go this route. I like the look better now.

I am going for a stock appearance (the way it SHOULD have come from the factory). I perfer that look to being very obviously modified.

Under the hood is a whole other story :thumb:

Heads/Cam to come after warranty is gone :thumb:

Z49

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
don527 said:
pm sent.

pics of the painted rims look great. i was thinking of having the rims painted and machined like the panther wheels but they look good in your pics with paint alone.

forgot to ask in the pm... how much to paint per wheel?

thanks,
don
Don:

It was $105.00 per wheel tax included.

1.) Removing tires
2.) Bead blasting old paint off, and cleaning/degreasing
3.) Paint new color
4.) clear coat wheels
5.) Remount/balance with hidden wheel weights

Guarantee for as long as I own the car. (excluding any road rash I hope I never do !)

They also repainted the centercaps and painted the original red in the logo !

The guy told me it is :
PPG paint
1.) Deltron 651 as the base
2.) Deltron 650 as top coat
3.) Then clear coat over that.

Z49

1 - 19 of 19 Posts