Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the stock sylvania headlamp bulbs with 80w low and 100w high halogen super white bulbs from ecklers.My question is the low beams look aimed correctly but when I hit the high beams they are aimed higher up.Is this normal considering the higher wattage bulbs? Greg.:-? P.S. I was careful during install and tried not to turn the rod behind the lamp assembly.What does that rod do?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
HI there,
Yes, your high beams will be higher up in your line of site.
Also, that rod is for your headlamp aiming.
Besttoyou, c4c5:eek2:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GM Black,

I believe the bulbs are 16.99 each.Eckler part #37702 for low and #37703 for high. They provide a hyper white beam and are quite bright. I stook away from the car on a dark street and hit the high beams and they blinded me.A good mod in my opinion.Let me know if you need any more info.Greg.:)

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
I still wanna try Brian Marks's headlight kits, they look awesome. One day I'll order a kit and do a review...........

JC

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gmblack3 said:
So I will need 2 of each?

TIA

Yes 2 Low Bulbs and 2 high bulbs 4 total.:)

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
C4C5...

...Torched says that he merely changed bulbs to higher output and was careful not to alter the aim. Why would this change the aim characteristics of the high beam:-?

Charlie

·
Registered
13 Posts
Kits?

Brian Marks's headlight kits??? :cool:

I've been wanting to add a new headlight kit, alternatives to the flip-ups, and have only seen 2 kits to choose from. Unfortunitely I didnt like either of the 2. One was clear that hugged the contours of the front end and had a square light inside with a fan and the other was a more 'futuristic' look to it with 2 round lights that would be painted to match. (was a bit too "loud" IMO)

You guys know of any others that might give me a choice? (pics/links?)

Thanks fellas....:cheers: Brian Marks's headlight kits???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts