Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my head/cam package installed and the addition of stingers added 10 rwhp. I like the idle but I think they are too loud for me inside (and outside) of the car. I was thinking of switching to the Corsa Ti system?? How does it compare to stingers from a sound perspective? It sounds like people are getting good power from them. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Also, can I just buy the "street" version with mufflers and no X-pipe, etc? Where to buy?

thanks for the advise..

Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
B_TRAPPS said:
I just got my head/cam package installed and the addition of stingers added 10 rwhp. I like the idle but I think they are too loud for me inside (and outside) of the car. I was thinking of switching to the Corsa Ti system?? How does it compare to stingers from a sound perspective? It sounds like people are getting good power from them. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Also, can I just buy the "street" version with mufflers and no X-pipe, etc? Where to buy?

thanks for the advise..

Brian
One more quick point. I have Dynatech headers so I also want to ensure that they will bolt up properly. I don't want to face the LG type situation.

Thanks again,

BT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,140 Posts
If the stingers are too loud for you I would switch back to the stock Ti system. Most after market systems are louder than the stock system. You would probably save yourself some significant cash too.



B_TRAPPS said:
I just got my head/cam package installed and the addition of stingers added 10 rwhp. I like the idle but I think they are too loud for me inside (and outside) of the car. I was thinking of switching to the Corsa Ti system?? How does it compare to stingers from a sound perspective? It sounds like people are getting good power from them. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Also, can I just buy the "street" version with mufflers and no X-pipe, etc? Where to buy?

thanks for the advise..

Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
788 Posts
I too am considering these and have done research. Some members say there needs to be some modification to get the headers to bolt up.

As far as cost, TByrne, a forum vendor always has the best price on this exhaust system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,046 Posts
2001Z06 said:
If the stingers are too loud for you I would switch back to the stock Ti system. Most after market systems are louder than the stock system. You would probably save yourself some significant cash too.
I would agree with this logic. Another route is to spend some money on insulation, Adding a partition or covering the entire interior of the car (http://mikemercury.home.att.net/sound.htm). Good Luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
B_TRAPPS said:
I just got my head/cam package installed and the addition of stingers added 10 rwhp. I like the idle but I think they are too loud for me inside (and outside) of the car. I was thinking of switching to the Corsa Ti system?? How does it compare to stingers from a sound perspective? It sounds like people are getting good power from them. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Also, can I just buy the "street" version with mufflers and no X-pipe, etc? Where to buy?
Brian
I would listen to the Corsa first, although the design of the Corsa 'Z' exhaust may not sound so "motorboat" like their other models. (Just my opinion and a friend who has bought 2 Corsa models and is looking for something new). :crazy:

Are you getting on it more with the H/C; hence more noise - I mean louder? :NoNo:

Have you tried a partition? There are many models available and they do quite the interior. Most range from $100 or more and can be found on ebay as well. :eek::

Another good dealer looks like Corvette Garage as well as TBryne for the best prices. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
reproman said:
I would listen to the Corsa first, although the design of the Corsa 'Z' exhaust may not sound so "motorboat" like their other models. (Just my opinion and a friend who has bought 2 Corsa models and is looking for something new). :crazy:

Are you getting on it more with the H/C; hence more noise - I mean louder? :NoNo:

Have you tried a partition? There are many models available and they do quite the interior. Most range from $100 or more and can be found on ebay as well. :eek::

Another good dealer looks like Corvette Garage as well as TBryne for the best prices. :thumb:
Thanks for the input. I have a partition already and I like a slightly an aggressive note but the stingers just seem a little loud.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,152 Posts
I would either go back to the Ti system or get one of the GHL systems. My GHLs don't have resonance and I hear the same from other owners with the same cat-back as mine. I'm 100% satisfied with the exhaust I purchased.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,484 Posts
ZO6 AL-X said:
I would either go back to the Ti system or get one of the GHL systems. My GHLs don't have resonance and I hear the same from other owners with the same cat-back as mine. I'm 100% satisfied with the exhaust I purchased.
Agree with Alex, have GHL Magnums, no resonance and won't hurt your ear drums while cruising. When you hit the go pedal hard, that's a different story, oh so sweet sounding. :coo:

Jack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gsjack said:
Agree with Alex, have GHL Magnums, no resonance and won't hurt your ear drums while cruising. When you hit the go pedal hard, that's a different story, oh so sweet sounding. :coo:

Jack
Thanks for the replies re: the GHL's. How much power over stock did you guys pick up with those?

Thanks,

Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,827 Posts
You're kinda working at cross purposes here. You want quieter than Stingers but retain the power gains, which for a catback, are minimal anyway. Almost every aftermarket catback is somewhat quieter than Stingers, with a couple of exceptions. These are the Corsa Ti, which you have to modify your entire midpipe section to fit, and are hideously expensive, and the B&B Bullets. The stock Ti is a great compromise; flow well, are extremely light, and sound great with headers. That said, I wouldn't trade my Stingers back to stock for all the tea in China.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,484 Posts
B_TRAPPS said:
Thanks for the replies re: the GHL's. How much power over stock did you guys pick up with those?

Thanks,

Brian
Brian

Your not going to see much of an increase in HP, just the sound difference. I didn't change out my Ti's for GHL's to gain HP. I wanted the old 60's muscle car sound and that is what the GHL Magnums sounds like. Plus the the whole system is polished and quality is excellent.

Jack
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top