Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad doesn't know this is a problem i dont think but i do /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif First off its an automatic but we got a good deal. When I race someone from a light and the car shifts into 2nd the rev limiter kicks in everytime. When we first got the car it never did that. it would shift so hard into 2nd the tired would break loose. Now im lucky to get into 2nd without haveing to let off on the gas. What if I took it to Sacramento raceway. I'd be lucky to pull a 14 in the 1/4 as it runs right now. Anyone else have any experiences like that with any of their old C4s. What should I do /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

RedZ

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I think if you go to http://www.corvetteforum.com, click on forums and scroll down to C4 Tech/Performance, you can get all the info you need there. Lots of people with C4s at that site. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hi there,
Most likely, you are looking at a cooked 2-4 band in the tranmission, or the servo that controls it.
It usually will slip when it is worn,and the engine will have no load on it.
I would suggest that you transmission will need to be checked for this condition.
Sorry, c4c5

1 - 3 of 3 Posts