Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is getting really cranky about going into reverse. I usually row through a couple of gears and the go to R. but sometimes this doesn't help. Anyone else have this problem? I hate to have the dealer pull the trans, but it looks like I'm heading this way./Dave

·
Registered
362 Posts
LtMash1A said:
Car is getting really cranky about going into reverse. I usually row through a couple of gears and the go to R. but sometimes this doesn't help. Anyone else have this problem? I hate to have the dealer pull the trans, but it looks like I'm heading this way./Dave
Have you checked the connections to the reverse gear solenoid on top of trans.??

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
How's your clutch ? It's usually hard to go into reverse when the clutch starts to go !

Rob :D

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Sounds like it's time to visit the Dealer. If you have an aftermarket shifter installed, put the stock one back in before you go. Let us know how you make out :cheers:

·
Registered
355 Posts
LtMash1A said:
I've got a similar problem. Seems to occurr more regularly with the car warmed up well. I chatted with a local tech who says it could be a simple linkage adjustment or a bad rev syncro gear.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Mine does it too. Sometimes it grinds when in reverse. Let us know what the stealer (dealer) says. :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got the same problem and found sometimes going to anohter gear before reverse solves the problem. Interested what the dealer says.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Pushing it as close to reverse as possible, with low RPM's and a little pressure on the shifter while letting out the clutch slowly gets it done as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts