Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Z06 for just over 6 weeks now. I thought that I would write up a summary of my thoughts on this car for those looking at getting one or anyone interested.

For a little history, I bought my 99 coupe brand new. You can see in my signature that I stuck to bolt-ons to quench my thirst for power. I loved that car. I was a little apprehensive trading it in because I did enjoy it so much. It looked great, it sounded great, my wife loved it, my kids loved it and most importantly, it was a lot of fun to drive.

My 99 had less initial quality problems than my Z06 does. Here are my initial list of issues:
1) Exhaust tips uneven. My right two tips were 1/2 inch lower than the left. The dealer worked on it and got them within 1/4 inch of each other. It used to look really bad but now I think that only a trained eye or someone looking for alignment would catch it. I will have the dealer try one more time.
2) My heads up display has double vision. I noticed it immediately when I swapped cars but then I got used to it. A friend with an 02 coupe noticed it so it is back on my list again. You can faintly see a lighter version of the HUD characters slightly above the original characters.
3) Something is loose in the back. I think a small screw or piece of something is loose inside of the trunk lid. When I take turns, it slides from the drivers side to the passenger side.

This list is not too bad but still more than I had on my 99. I am hoping that the dealer will be able to cure these problems.

I don't really mind losing the easy entry function. It is kind of nice to get in the car and not have to wait for it to move back into position. Fog lights....they looked cool but again, never really did much for me. I am really glad that I have the ability to shut off the air bag now for the kids. Electromagnetic mirrors are a nice feature too.

Aside from these issues with the car, as most here already know, this is an awesome car. I just went out for a spirited run in the car and fell in love with it again. The power in this car is great. Being able to fish tail on command is fun for me. Even with the bolt on enhancements I had on my 99, this car is undoubltely more powerful. Second gear in this car rips as hard as first did in my coupe. This car fits my wish list better than the coupe. I like having a much more rare car on the road. In fact, I have only seen 1 or two other Z06's in my town...ever.

So in the end, I am very happy with this car. When I am driving it, I forget about the little yet-to-be-fixed issues and just focus on having fun. What a ride.

- Charley

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
CDHough said:

I don't really mind losing the easy entry function. It is kind of nice to get in the car and not have to wait for it to move back into position. Fog lights....they looked cool but again, never really did much for me. I am really glad that I have the ability to shut off the air bag now for the kids. Electromagnetic mirrors are a nice feature too.

- Charley
Charley,

I'm confused. What year Z06 did you get? If you have the electrochromic mirrors, you have the memory seat on a 2002 Z06.

Z06y Lady :-?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: Review affter 6 weeks of ownership

Z06Y Lady said:

Charley,

I'm confused. What year Z06 did you get? If you have the electrochromic mirrors, you have the memory seat on a 2002 Z06.

Z06y Lady :-?
I have a 2002 Z06. I just checked my manual and thank you for pointing that out. I assumed that when I lost the telescopic steering wheel, that I also lost the easy entry. I guess not. :D

- Charley

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Charley, I too had a 99A4 with bolt ons. It introduced me to the world of Vettes. Now, with my 01 TR, I feel I have one of the Kings! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts