Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 2017 C7 Z06 M7 w/ Z07. I can get to redline not moving, and a bit beyond, i got scared at 6700. When in gear and accelerating, it shuts me down around 6k. No matter the mode. I tried using the lights at the top of the HUD or track mode, and it's still in the green or maybe orange if i'm lucky, not even near the middle where i would think i should be told to shift and im always about 500 rpms short of redline. I've owned a 04, 07, 08, all Z06 and never been cut off until redline. I understand there might be readout lag, especially in first, tacking up as quickly as it does, but subsequent gears do the same thing. I tried sport mode display for the big tach and verified i'm not near 6500 RPM's. Ideas for resolution appreciated.

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,860 Posts
I suspect the SC'er spools up RPMS faster then the refresh rate of the RPM gauge

Use a OBD scanner that can record, do a drive,

do several high RPM shifts and then replay recording and see exactly what RPMs near rev limiter are recorded
which stock is 6,600 to 6,700 RPMs

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suspect the SC'er spools up RPMS faster then the refresh rate of the RPM gauge

Use a OBD scanner that can record, do a drive,

do several high RPM shifts and then replay recording and see exactly what RPMs near rev limiter are recorded
which stock is 6,600 to 6,700 RPMs
ok i will do that and get back here asap. if anyone has a link to a suitable OBD, let me know, else i will be looking later tonight for one that says it records

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,860 Posts
Look at Amazon for the OBDLINK MX+ ($100) which uses a Bluetooth interface that can work then on a cellphone and a laptop
Comes with a cellphone app and MSwindows software for the laptop

Can scan and do full recordings that are saved and then can replay runs anytime

If you do not want Bluetooth then get their USB model for laptop only

Select parameters like, RPMs, throttle, MPH, torque and see what happens during shifts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Look at Amazon for the OBDLINK MX+ ($100) which uses a Bluetooth interface that can work then on a cellphone and a laptop
Comes with a cellphone app and MSwindows software for the laptop

Can scan and do full recordings that are saved and then can replay runs anytime

If you do not want Bluetooth then get their USB model for laptop only

Select parameters like, RPMs, throttle, MPH, torque and see what happens during shifts

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,860 Posts
Once having installed the obdwiz software is use help, then updates,
make sure your device is connected to internet to have any updates downloaded and installed

Make up a PID group to monitor that you want scanned and recorded which will save both as a recording to replay and also can save as CSV file to look at the data in a spreadsheet like Excel

Data can be seen as monitors, charts or gauges
Be able to see more using a laptop then your cellphone but can be used that way if need be.

obdwiz.jpg

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Once having installed the obdwiz software is use help, then updates,
make sure your device is connected to internet to have any updates downloaded and installed

Make up a PID group to monitor that you want scanned and recorded which will save both as a recording to replay and also can save as CSV file to look at the data in a spreadsheet like Excel

Data can be seen as monitors, charts or gauges
Be able to see more using a laptop then your cellphone but can be used that way if need be.

View attachment 17375
You are awesome! Thank you! I will do all that. I did some playing in 1st last night on the way home, short shifting. The blue line that shows your shift point and then fades does seem to be much higher than when i began my shift. When i went high enough to get shut down, around 6k and then shifted, the line was at 6500, but I will for sure verify. Also. I noticed the shift lights come in MUCH earlier in tour mode than track mode. I'll have to experiment with that also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts