Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my '01 Z06 last summer, and noticed that it scraped a lot, when I would go into or out of a driveway, even if I took it at an angle. When driving, I could feel every single bump in the road and if I hit one of those bumps going around a corner, the car skipped a bit to the side. I was told this was normal for the Z06, because it was built to be a track car and as such it sits lower than the Base C5. Not being a C5 expert, I accepted this answer, but it didn't sit well with me, so I started doing some research this past week.

Come to find out, this is a topic that has been beaten to death, and when I measured the "J" and "K" points, my results explain that my car is not as stock as I was led to believe. Both points measure 4-3/8". There is no rake to the car whatsoever. So my plan is to put it back to factory ride height, and my plan has three stages. First, I'll make the adjustments to get it back where it should be. Then, per everything I've read, I'll drive the car for a few hundred miles, to allow the suspension to settle back down. Then I'll have the car aligned, and then I'll get my new tires....I'm leaning toward the Michelin Pilot PS2, because I keep reading that the Eagle F1 SC tires aren't that great.

So here's my question, that I have yet to find in any of the other ride height posts....has anyone ever counted the number of turns it takes on the spring bolts to raise it a certain height, e.g.: 1 turn=1/8"? The reason I ask is because it seems like it would be a real pain in the butt to keep raising and lowering the car just to take measurements and, if the suspension needs to settle, wouldn't the readings be off anyway?

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The difference between checkered flag and second place is measured in milliseconds, and Z06 is designed to help put you ahead. Its supercharged 6.2L V8 is capable of 650 horsepower. It can rocket to 60 mph in fewer than three seconds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts