Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to install a Ripper in my 01 Z06. When I installed the last one in my '97 I took the console all apart. Has anyone tried to do the install without taking the console all apart? I seem to remember someone on the Corvette Forum once saying they were able to do it without taking the console out. Just curious - less of a pain if I can do it that way! Thanks!

P.S. I had my mind made up to do TPIS headers and a Donaldson on my car in the Spring, but after reading all the info contained in some of the posts here tonite I'm not sure I should do it! I guess I'll keep on reading!!!!!! Great info!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Lou!! :cool:

I too read where someone did an install without removing the console. Can't remember who it was. You might want to try our search feature.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Welcome.
I read that post right before I installed my Ripper. Basically it just said that he removed the four bolts holding down the stock shifter after taking off the boot. I took off the boot and evaluated that option and decided I would more than likely drop a bolt or washer down the transmission tunnel and punted on that option. I have taken the panel off three times now: Ripper install (without springs in Ripper - bad idea, they hold the shaft down), Ripper install to put springs in Ripper, and to install the column lock defeat kit. Its really a piece of cake. Install was easy. No issues or rattles.
Ffen

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies! I guess I'll try it with the console on and if it looks like trouble I'll take the console out! I've done it before, but if I can save some time I can spend more time driving than working!!!!! :D :D

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
C5LOU said:
P.S. I had my mind made up to do TPIS headers and a Donaldson on my car in the Spring, but after reading all the info contained in some of the posts here tonite I'm not sure I should do it! I guess I'll keep on reading!!!!!! Great info!

Check my sig! TPIS's + Donaldson = Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

:D :D :D :D

-Kirk

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
fcalmes said:
Welcome to the Forum Lou!! :cool:

I too read where someone did an install without removing the console. Can't remember who it was. You might want to try our search feature.
Guess who? :lol:

·
Registered
575 Posts
FRC Tom said:

I looked through the arcives there Bobby, I believe you are mistaken.
Jake never made a post on the subject.
I musta been thinking of the first one I knew that did it way, not who posted it first and on what board.
But, when you really think about it...WTF cares???
See lots of posts that were just copied from other areas!!!
Bob

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Cape Cod Bob said:

I musta been thinking of the first one I knew that did it way, not who posted it first and on what board.
But, when you really think about it...WTF cares???
See lots of posts that were just copied from other areas!!!
Bob
Just playing with you Bob, when are you getting your ass back down here, Daytona?
How are you enjoying the "Z"?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought about doing it without removing the console, but I figured the hassle of taking the console out was less than dropping nuts & bolts down the tranny tunnel so I took the console out - probably a wise move for me!!!! :D :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts