Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Ripper in a matter of an hour. Incredibly easy and straightforward. There is a lot more noise transmitted from the tunnel that I've not heard before. Not really a complaint, but could be an issue for those that are not expecting it. The throws are much shorter and rock solid...The stick looks like it lost about an inch in overall height. The most difficult thing was to pull the locking tab out of the top of the stock shifter. I used a medium sized vice grip and a "dent-puller" and finally got it out. Before re-installation, I used my dremel tool and tapered the wedge by a few 1000's. That way it won't be impossible to pull the wedge back out. Happy shifting:)
I picked mine up from an www.thelapd.com

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Mr Zed:

What console components did you have to remove for this?

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Red/Black Z

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
I just put my stock shifter back in for reasons I can't explain right now.
I do my installs of the shifters without removing any of the console components except for the shift boot and the piece that houses the traction control button.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zippy,
You only have to remove 1 console component and push the other aft. Specifically, remove the coverplate that goes over the radio/climate control. There are three T-15 screws to remove and two 10mm nuts. Then, I removed the two 10mm nuts that hold the glove box in place. Slide the glove box aft...then remove the coverplate.
I can't say it's impossible to perform the install with the cover in place...espcially if you have a swival-joint 1/4" or 3/8" extension. I recommend removing the coverplate for easier access and that it's fitment back into position is exactly where the factory intended it to be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts