Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The TPW for my EB-Z is 12/3. It will be a daily driver-- would you guys still recommend the ripper shifter? Some have said that if you drive the car too much, it might get on your nerves. Any truth to that?

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
The stock shifter is like an oar, my Ripper was waiting for my car to be delivered. I drove the "Z" straight home and installed it.
Thers wasn't even 15 miles on the car.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I drive my FRC daily. Frank introduced me to the Ripper. After Christmas, I will be installing one.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Ripper, Kirban, available at Exit 28. Hurst coming soon.

The only feeback we have heard about the Ripper that is less than an "I love it", is from a few guys who's wives or girlfriends, or both:), that think it's too stiff. The Kirban satisfies them. Go figure. They want it a little softer:D

RG

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I too have the Ripper in my Z.

I drive it daily and wouldn't change it for the world.

The difference between stock is night and day... get it and love it. :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
You won't be sorry, I drive my Z back and forth to work (about 50 mile round trip) with the Ripper and I love it.

Enjoy!:)

Paul

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Re: Ripper, Kirban, available at Exit 28. Hurst coming soon.

RG in Dallas said:
The only feeback we have heard about the Ripper that is less than an "I love it", is from a few guys who's wives or girlfriends, or both:), that think it's too stiff. The Kirban satisfies them. Go figure. They want it a little softer:D

RG
I've neverfound any woman that wants IT softer.................

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Another vote for yes on the daily driver.

Note that the Ripper is VERY stiff (fo' mah laydeez:D) for the first 500 miles or so, then one day you will notice that it's "just right" after break-in.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Love the Ripper. Hate the stock shift knob.And it is noisy(being hollow) on the Ripper shifter.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Re: Ripper, Kirban, available at Exit 28. Hurst coming soon.

RG in Dallas said:
Go figure. They want it a little softer:D
RG
Complete opposite of what most gals say:D :D :D :D heheheheheh
:cheers:

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm a bit confused,..... is the Ripper noisy or did I miss something?

·
Registered
309 Posts
W8ing,

Is it noisy... slightly. But then again, the car is not exactly quiet in general. I have ripper and am extremely satisfied with the performance. IMHO, the noise from the shifter sort of adds to the race car feeling.

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
I love my Ripper. It's not for the faint of heart, but you certainly know where the gear slots are with this shifter!! :cool:

The stock shifter is sloppy and "loose" by my account. :(

Once you experience a performance shifter product, you'll understand. :D

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Along the noisy lines......

I've read either here or over at the Corvette Forum about
putting rubberbands :-? (I thought the same thing) in the hollow of the shift knob to quiet some of the transmitted driveline noise.
I am sure that there are some other home grown remedies out there to cut down on the transmitted sounds
:)
:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Rubber bands might work, anything that fills the cavity of the stock knob. I've found that the new Crayola Model Magic works best....it fills all the gaps, is non scented and won't leave the car smelling like crap, and is easily removable.......Plus, it's the lightest material one can find :)

4 oz. Crayola® White Model Magic®
Create everything from masks to intricate dioramas with Model Magic® modeling compound. Model Magic is a clean and extremely pliable medium. Non-greasy formula air-dries to a smooth, resilient finish that can be painted and decorated. 4 oz. white pouch makes 10 golf ball size projects.
Recommended for Kids (and Vette owners): 5 and up

JC

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
JC. Funny stuff...now we can make our own clay Z06 models!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take it easy!

Andy
02 T/R Z06

1 - 20 of 21 Posts