Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Long story short, I will not be getting my 2 315/35/17 Hoosier's today from Tire Rack due to an 'internal error', and the first event is tomorrow (..Saturday) at 9 am.

What would you recommend for a DE event?

a. Run the street F1's all around.
b. Run F1's on front, and GoodYear GS CS's on back.
c. Run GoodYear GS CS's on front, one GoodYear GS CS and one Hoosier on the rear?

Thanks guys! :cheers:

·
Registered
284 Posts
If the F1's are in good shape run them, just adjust your driving style to the lower grip. If they are not ok I suggest running one of each tire on the car(and send pictures).

·
Registered
299 Posts
Run the F1's....don't start mixing and matching tyres around the car. Take it slow at start and build up. You might find someone there with tyres for sale. A set of racing tyres at RA would be nice. The track has some long straights. Be careful and have fun.

Tony #54

·
Banned
809 Posts
Always run the same tires all around. Running a stickier tire on the back will just give you horrible understeer.

The F1's will be more than what you need for your first DE. They'd be fine for your first year even. The goal is to learn the line and learn how to handle your car. Then, you can go fast later.

I'm not saying that you can't go fast with the F1's. You will just have better stopping and cornering with the race tires once you go to them.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses guys, I'm off to the track; YAHOO! :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts