Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. How many plan on running their Z on a road course this summer?

BTW, yes, can't wait!

------------------

·
Registered
0 Posts
No road course for me...would really hate to embarass myself with my ;ack of skill.
I'd like to try though!!

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

·
Registered
457 Posts
YEP
Taladega Grand Prix track in March

Went there last November with a C-5 coupe......can't wait to compare the track with a Z06

Oh,yes...the Geez will be in operation there too

------------------

[This message has been edited by trumperZ06 (edited 02-10-2001).]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes.Probally canadian Solo 1 in Ontario and some lapping at northern US tracks.Dj

------------------
torch red/black Z06

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have take my Z06 to Buttonwillow for the second time today and am more than likely going to go back. However, there are numerous components that need to be modified or replaced before I do so. In my opinion and for my driving desires,the Z06's, in stock form, are not as good as they are portrayed.

------------------

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gordy:

I recognize your name from CCM. I am a member and plan on attending the next meeting. I have been unable to attend meetings since my diagnosis and subsequent succesfull treatment of leukemia....Doc says my immune system is now healthy enough to start going out and moving ahead! Hurray! See you on the 28th.

Zippy

------------------

·
Registered
267 Posts
You were wondering about autocrossing, road course time trials, and drag racing. I am going to do all threee--what's a Z06 for. In case you are not aware of it Corvette Club of MIchigan does all 3 with at least one event every month from April-Oct.

In just Michigan, Indiana and Ohio there are events every weekend from April to November--give me an email for more info.

------------------
01 Z06 Black
64 FI RED Convt.

J

·
0 Posts
I'm entered in the Big Bend Road Rally (Fort Stockton, TX) in April. Same sort of rules as the Silver States Classic in Nevada. I think the course is 59 miles one way; there's a 2 hour break and you do it again in the other direction. I'm in the Grand Sport Class (top speed 165) with a 130 target (average).

------------------
Torch Z06 TPIS long tube headers, Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&M Ripper, Brey Krause Harness Bar, Simpson 6 Point, CAGS Defeat.
GM transmission cooler and seat mods in Feb.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have only done Auto-X and I have not been to a road course race. They are opening a new site near New Orleans and I am going look in to it. I guess I know a few people that have wrecked cars at Road Races and I am a little scared.

------------------
Jose Gonzalez
Primo Racing one bad black Corvette

·
Registered
109 Posts
JerryL,

Was wondering who does your vette work in the area or if you do it yourself,
Thanks,Craig

------------------
2001 Quicksilver Z06

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've already run hot laps at Sandia Motorsports Park here in Albuquerque twice and plan many more. It's a real blast. 105 in the front straight. 1m 37s lap so far on a 1.57 mi course with the street tires.

------------------
John Von Loh

Black on Black and Red Z06

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm running in three road course driving school events: Pocono, North Course, end of April; Watkins Glen in June; and VIR, Virginia International Raceway, end of July.

------------------
Quicksilver Black/Red Z06
Born 12/14/00
'99 Torch Red FRC

·
Registered
128 Posts
Frank, I feel exactly the way you so.

------------------
Dave Zehak
2001 Black ZO6
Best 1/4(so far) 12.5 at 112
"Mods"
B&M Ripper Shifter
RM racing Nitrous(not installed yet)
"Previous Vettes
1985 white Corvette coupe(auto)
1998 Silver Corvette coupe (M-6)
2000 NBM Corvette Coupe (M-6)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I will be racing my ZO6 as well... Road America, Gingerman, Gateway International, Michigan International, Mid-Ohio and anything else in the 5 hour range of Chicago.

------------------
2001 ZO6
1998 Trans Am
1993 Z-28 Roadracing Car
--Car's in family--
1990 ZR-1
1971 LS6
1967 TRUE Original 327

·
Registered
3 Posts

On 2001-02-10 07:03:00, Zippy spewed forth this drivel:
Just curious. How many plan on running their Z on a road course this summer?

BTW, yes, can't wait!

------------------
I have run my Zcar at Laguna Seca,Phoenix International,Firebird and Willow Springs. What a ball. The car is fabulous. In my club there are 7 Zcars,10 vipers etc,etc

·
Registered
345 Posts
My friend and I are set up for Bragg-Smith Level 1 in May. Their Z06, their tires, their brakes, their clutch, their fiberglass. I will write a feature all about it when we get back......

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Felkebg:

I did the B-S level 1 two years ago, and had a ball! You will have a great time, especially the last day. You get to pass other cars on that last day, and the instructors do not pace you in Camaros....they are watching from the sidelines and critique you via two-way radios.

I am proud to say, I passed three other cars, and no one passed me during that exercise! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Waiting to read your report!

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts

On 2001-04-01 18:20, Felkebg spewed forth this drivel:
I will write a feature all about it when we get back......

That would be a most welcome feature /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif ....be sure to take lots of pix!! Well...ya better keep your hands on the wheel. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif Let someone else take the pix!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

1 - 20 of 21 Posts