Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ecklers sells a rear compartment divider that they claim to reduce road noise by 40-60%:)

Has anyone tried one & do they really work? :-?

Do the cargo mats help reduce road noise? If so maybe both would be even better at reducing road noise.

Ecklers does not have a divider for a Z06. Does anyone know where to get one?:-?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I can't comment on the partition from Eckler's, but the one I got from Nate @ Xtreme is a fine quality piece. It definitely cuts out alot of the road noise as well as helping the car cool and warm more quickly.

Another benefit is the stereo sounds better too. The partition is a bit pricey @ $360... but well worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Ditto on AgentZ06's comments. I have the same partition as Chris, and it is fantastic in reducing the tire drumming sound from the trunk area. I can't attest too much to the stereo, as I'm listening more to the sound of the titanium exhaust :D

Nate is a supporting vendor,
click on Nates blue colored link <=======================
(it's marked Xtreme Motorsports)

·
Registered
243 Posts
What road noise?

I don't think noise is an issue. My Z06 was made a few weeks ago. I took delivery on 11/19/01. I've put 2800 miles on it and I have no clue what noise you guys are talking about. It's a sports car! Did you guys buy from a bad batch? Also, my stock stereo sounds fine and my A/C works like a meat locker. From mats to dividers... you guys are buying accessories for your Z06's like old ladies buy doggie toys for their pink poodles. I'm going to spend all my extra cash on shinny (sp) gifts for young bimbo's and if there are any girls reading this please give me a call immediately... I've got some Z06 accessory money I'd like to spend on you... Except for one thing... do they make a lid of some type to cover the center hole in my trunk that will hold weight and allow me to store stuff under it? I consider this a necessity, not an accessory.
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Plenty of tire noise

The F1SC tires are extremely noisy on concrete road surfaces at highway speeds... you definately need to crank the stereo up. On smooth asphalt surfaces its not all that bad.

I am gonna get a partition sometime next season I think.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Re: What road noise?

Juan said:
From mats to dividers... you guys are buying accessories for your Z06's like old ladies buy doggie toys for their pink poodles. I'm going to spend all my extra cash on shinny gifts for young bimbo's and if there are any girls reading this please give me a call immediately...
:cheers: [/B]

about those " shinny " gifts for the
bimbos ... what are you buying 'em? Knee- highs or something? :lol:

Shiny gifts work better... trust me. ;)

About the cargo cover... talk to one of our vendors. :)

<<<<<<<<<

·
Registered
243 Posts
Oops

Sorry for the sp. I've been typing like a madman today. I'll stop being so free with my N's. The stockings are a good idea, thanks.
:eek:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Key West to Denver

I just drove it from Key West to Denver. Maybe it's my ears. No noise problem here. NNNNNN, there go those N's again. Before I took delivery I was convinced I needed that divider from reading this site... I needed it real bad. After I took delivery and drove the Z06 2800 miles I concluded that noise level was not a issue. It's a sports car! :cool:

·
Registered
596 Posts
divider

I just got 1 frm eklerslittle over a hundred. works too!!!

cut out tire noise radio???? listen to pipe music!!!

somewhere on this forum someone has directions to make your own $20 hope this helps

GASH EB 02

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anybody know where to find the directions on how to make one???:-?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Don't know about the dividers but i do know that the center hatch cover I put in my 01 z06 is the exact same one that is in my ex-wifes 2000 coupe/I bought one with mounts from Ecklers but they are readily available from your local chevyrolet dealer..hope it helps.

Nick :cheers:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I got Nate's partition and I store my Car Cover in the "hole," and I have the "hole" cover.

BIG noise reducer :D :guiness:

Barrie

·
Registered
243 Posts
Where did you get your cover? I just called Eckler's. They have a center hole cover that includes a mat for $179. Part number 41036. Is this the ticket? They don't have any pictures or information online to make a purchasing decision.
Thank You,

·
Registered
495 Posts
JUAN,

Cargo cover is part # 41199 from Ecklers and the mounts(you need two) are part # 41197, these are Ecklers part #s..hope it helps..
Nick :cool:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Juan,

The part numbers I gave you are are priced as follows in their catalog,,41199 cover is $99.99 and the mounts/brackets are
41197 priced at $4.99 each(you need 2)

Nick

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Re: Re: Plenty of tire noise

Roger Ramjet said:

Being a professional jet pilot (everyday jet skier), I know what boat season it. What is Z06 season?
In Chicago, it's the time of the year when snow and road salt are not present and the Z06en are not hibernating. ;)

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I got my "hole" cover from Nate.....if I remember correctly. It's been a year or so.....nothing to attach, and it has a hinged "flap" to allow you access without removing the cover.

$99.00 comes to mind.....give Nate a call :)

Nate's at Extreme Motosports, and is one of our vendor's.

HTH,

Barrie

1 - 20 of 21 Posts