Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year a team of Corvette employees conducted an extensive state-to-state evaluation of the new Z06 before B.G. was allowed to ship the cars. Does anyone know if/when that is scheduled before the plant releases the '02 Z06 to the dealers?

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
Zippy,

If I remember right, Russ said they test them every year during the plants 2 week shut down. Those Vettes aren't for sale to the public.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Frank....I was wondering if we could get a sneak preview of the '02 Z06 by knowing where/when these cars are.

·
Registered
0 Posts

On 2001-04-08 08:23, Zippy spewed forth this drivel:
I was wondering if we could get a sneak preview of the '02 Z06 by knowing where/when these cars are.

I bet it can be arranged!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be kewl! Anything I can do from this end?

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'll send off an email. Shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully our man will be driving an Electron Blue!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Frank,

I'll be in BG the entire week of June 12 and expect to see some 2002's. As usual, I do some pretty good snooping in the back lot. I've even driven in there when the gate was open and drove around. I will try my best to get some photos. Although, by that time we may be seeing many spy photos anyway.

Joe

Check out more photos at the [url="http://www.hbscomputers.com/gnx375museum"]National Corvette Museum[/url]
96 C4, and a bunch of 86-87 GN's and 2002 Z06 on order since 16 March 2001 [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
362 Posts
3yYyQ9
On 2001-04-08 00:37, Zippy spewed forth this drivel:
Last year a team of Corvette employees conducted an extensive state-to-state evaluation of the new Z06 before B.G. was allowed to ship the cars. Does anyone know if/when that is scheduled before the plant releases the '02 Z06 to the dealers?

<<
The driveline endurance testing has already been done,cars had 01 wheels on them.
Softer rear spring,different brake compostion and revised clutch linkage.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Mike, does that mean they aren't going to be doing their 2 week drive during the shut down this year?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts