Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI, I just picked up a copy of the R&T "Sports and GT Cars Unleashed", 2002 Edition.

It prominently features a TR 2002 Z06 on the cover. It has several reprints of past articles on various sports cars, including the "Sibling Rivalry" (Camaro vs. Z06) and M3/911/'01 Z06 comparo.

It also has a 7-page spread & road test article on a Torch/Mod 2002 Z06, including a complete tech specs page. They got 4.3 0-60 and 12.7/112 1/4 mile time.

I've never seen this TR '02 Z road test before, so I think the magazine may be a combination of older reprints and a few new tests. It does a nice job of combining three Z06 articles under one cover. For $4.95, not a bad deal.

Scott

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry, somebody beat me to it. :roll:

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
:D Good reading and less than $5.00! What a deal.
Thanks for the post, as I and others will be sure to
get ourselves a copy. THanks. Bill

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Does anyone know if this issue goes out to Road & Track subscribers?

- Charley

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CDHough said:
Does anyone know if this issue goes out to Road & Track subscribers?

- Charley
Charley-
I'm a R & T subscriber, and I did not receive the special issue. In fact, I don't even recall seeing the special issue advertised in my January 2002 issue of R & T.

Scott

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'll wait and see if I get this issue in the mail. If not, it's definitely time to say good-bye to R&T as the Sports and GT Cars issues are pretty much the only ones worth reading.

·
Registered
282 Posts
It's also funny to see how R&T drivers are consistently bad compared to others like C&D. C&D tested the 2002 Z06 and got 4.0 0-60 and [email protected] in the 1/4 mile. However both mags ran about 0.3 seconds faster in the 2002 Z06 compared to the 2001.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
I searched the supermarket for this magazine but they didn't have it :)( ). Is it available in magazine stores or only through subscription? Where did you get yours? Maybe my Dr has a copy in his waiting room :lol: . Bill :cheers:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
70boss302 said:
I searched the supermarket for this magazine but they didn't have it :)( ). Is it available in magazine stores or only through subscription? Where did you get yours? Maybe my Dr has a copy in his waiting room :lol: . Bill :cheers:
70Boss-
I got mine at my local supermarket, which is not known for a wide selection of magazines. I think any decent bookstore (like a Borders or Walton Books) should have it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts