Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: ROAD & TRACK (June 2001)....pgs 54-63.

Great street-track piece and pictures on “Z06 road car” and “C5-R racer”.

R&T testing editors conclude...”Since its introduction in mid-2000, we’ve repeatedly raved about the Z06, praising its acceleration, speed, handling, braking and structural integrity. We’ve also said, subjectively speaking, that this car is a visceral delight that speaks loudly to one’s need for speed.” (R&T then analyses the 610 HP, 426 c.i.d. C5-R racer, along with a unique David Kimble ‘cutaway’ drawing of #63).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chris.....yes, hardly any of the magazines have lead-foot testers!! I have about 20 magazine reviews/road tests of the '01 Z06, and none are very dramatic.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I gotta get that issue since I have a Z06 and a C5R........

........though the C5R (#3) is only 1/18th scale. Daytona champ! Bring on LeMans now, time to cook up some Audis...well....???

·
Registered
128 Posts
I picked up the issue, quickly looked at the 1/4 times, then immediately, put the mag back down, I am sick of these magazines with all the crappy numbers for the Z06's, and the inflated numbers for all BMW's

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have in fact beaten all their posted numbers, with the possible exception of the lateral acceleration. But to be fair to R&T, they do say "...this package delivers skidpad performance that's the best of any road car we've tested."

Makes you wonder if we're beating all their numbers, and R&T is saying 1.0G's: what sustained lateral acceleration might some of us achieve?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts