Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i just spent 3 days up on the kern river-had a great time..took my wife and Z, left escondido ,ca up to kernville-stopped for gas drove 197 mi-put in 6.8 or 7 gallons-worked out to almost 28 mpg..and i drove 80mph a lot in 6th and passed a bunch of times -ran it up to 0ver a 100mph when i was out on old hwy 395 on several passes..it was fun, and the 01 ran like a champ-aside from what some 02-04 z brothers think..just kidding
i do wonder if the b & b prt's with x-pipe help ,because before the best mpg i have gotten was about 25 mpg.... :thumb: :eek::

·
Registered
780 Posts
You must of had a good time passing 395...how about the canyon run going over Walkers Pass on into Kernville? I live in Ridgecrest, not far away.

Stan

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
stan-walker pass was really fun-especially on the way back,became familiar with the turns a little-
so weflew thru it heading back home-then back on 178 i think going down to a little town where bernadenos is ??..has some great 120+ runs in 4th ..it was during the day-so i could see ...didn't want to run into any chp's with radar-would have a tough time talkin' my way out of a ticket-course my son is a chp in el cajon / san diego.. :jammin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts