Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys, have a rock chip in my EB Z. it's about 1/2 inch tall by 1/4 inch wide on the front bumper. should i go ahead and get this repaired, or i'm gonna get plenty more...don't worry about it. it's the only thing keeping my pride and joy from being absolutely perfect. i got quoted $125 by the local aerocolour rep for their '6 inch blend' , said it would be impossible to detect anything after he's done. if it's only $125, go ahead and do it? or do you commonly pick up new rock chips on your front bumper, and say wait til you get 2 ro 3 more? thx!

·
21,355 Posts
If it were me I would have to have it repaired! I'm anal about my car's appearance and that would drive me bonkers.

If you can get a decent job done for $125.00 then by all means have it done. Ask if he has any references first so you can get an idea of how good his work is. After the repair, I would invest in a bra and use it for when you get out on the open road.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
If he will Guarantee a perfect repair for 125.00, I say go for it. Chips are inevitable however. :cheers:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i found a thread or 2 on here where people have used aerocolour and said they did a great job, fast, and not too much $$. don't think they were the dallas shop though.

·
Registered
882 Posts
If you check out his references, $125 is damn cheap and worth it to have the front end look like new. :)

Tell him your bringing your own high intensity lighting, a magnifying glass and your rottweiler to check it all out when he is done. :sneaky:

·
Registered
141 Posts
slow99 said:
guys, have a rock chip in my EB Z. it's about 1/2 inch tall by 1/4 inch wide on the front bumper. should i go ahead and get this repaired, or i'm gonna get plenty more...don't worry about it. it's the only thing keeping my pride and joy from being absolutely perfect. i got quoted $125 by the local aerocolour rep for their '6 inch blend' , said it would be impossible to detect anything after he's done. if it's only $125, go ahead and do it? or do you commonly pick up new rock chips on your front bumper, and say wait til you get 2 ro 3 more? thx!
If it were my bumper I would go this route only if the rest of the bumper is perfect.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Fix it and keep your sanity. Every time you walk up to the car you're gonna see that chip, it'll drive ya nuts after awhile.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
I would get it fixed! and then put a clear bra on the nose clip :thumb: .

I have repainted mine twice :jawdrop:

·
Registered
653 Posts
IT L GO said:
If he will Guarantee a perfect repair for 125.00, I say go for it. Chips are inevitable however. :cheers:
agree

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hold up....is he saying the whole front bumper will cost $125 or just that small chip? If the whole bumper i will say go...but for a small chip i will prolly touch it up.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Anyone see that epsiode of dream car garage where they repaired a chip with a little wool buff pad and some sandpaper? The dude made it look STUPID simple and the results were amazing. Anyone have the name of that product?

John.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cenwesi said:
Hold up....is he saying the whole front bumper will cost $125 or just that small chip? If the whole bumper i will say go...but for a small chip i will prolly touch it up.
$125 to fix and blend in the chip...i know little imperfections on the nose are inevitable, but this is pretty noticeable and i haven't gotten anything like it in 4 months that's why i've decided to fix it. it's about a 1/2 inch by 1/4 inch, but i sure as hell notice it...as does Andy who came in from the bay at 21st on saturday and nearly gave me a heart attack asking about the HUGE chip!!!! luckily it was the one i knew about!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Who Is Areocolour And Are They Nationwide. Had A Small Scratch On My Back End About 1 Inch Long.300 Dollars Later It Was Fine. 125 Sounds Like A Good Price For The Fix.let Me Know More About Aerocolour

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
blackvetterzo6 said:
Who Is Areocolour And Are They Nationwide. Had A Small Scratch On My Back End About 1 Inch Long.300 Dollars Later It Was Fine. 125 Sounds Like A Good Price For The Fix.let Me Know More About Aerocolour
www.aerocolours.com, will tell you if they have a guy in your area.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Cool. I'll have to check them out. What about kits you buy to do it yourself?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
people have recommended Langka...i believe that's it...search for it and see if anything pop up, a DIY product that makes your touch up paint job look better.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts