Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just looked at a 2003 EB Z06 and it has fairly substantial rocker panel damage on the underside of the car where the composite wraps around underneath. If I do buy the car (the exterior is otherwise immaculate, not even any rock chips, and no evidence the car front end was repainted), I intend on getting frame savers and rocker protectors. Is there anything I can do short of pulling the panel off and repainting them such as maybe some underside rail covers?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
To actually replace the rockers is very difficult and expensive, because of the way they are bonded onto the car at the factory. :cheers:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I basically need something to cover up the unsightly scrapes and scratches and to protect for the future....anything like that out there?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I dunno, I might keep looking!!! Apparently someone improperly jacked the car up on the rocker panels or worse scraped the hell out of them by running through a car wash. I would certainly bring up the damage to the seller.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I can deal with the underside rocker damage..or atleast I wont let it sway my decision from getting the car..other than that damage, the car is absolutely perfect like I said, not even any rock chips on the front end. I'd just like to cover it up if possible, may just wait until my dad paints his 34 Ford coupe electron blue.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Enviroag02 said:
I think I can deal with the underside rocker damage..or atleast I wont let it sway my decision from getting the car..other than that damage, the car is absolutely perfect like I said, not even any rock chips on the front end. I'd just like to cover it up if possible, may just wait until my dad paints his 34 Ford coupe electron blue.

Some owners have repaired there rockers with body filler :cheers:

·
Registered
622 Posts
I think you should hold out for a clean one. There are too many deals out there to settle for something less than you can be tickled S_ _ _ less with ;)

Enviroag02 said:

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Rock chips on the rocker panels are unavoidable if you are going to drive the car. I'm sure it's nothing that a good paint and body shop can't take care of, but the chips will be back. :cry:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have no fear , there an easy fix . . . no need to replace

They will grind out the cracks / scrapes and use rigid smc repair material and she will be as good as new. I just did mine. ( bought it with deep scrapes also) Make sure to install some A&A scrape bar things after :z:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts