Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a set of jacking pads from Elite Engineering and they work great. I am about to lower the Z and want to put on the A&A rocker rails. Now I know the jacking pads will not work with the rails. But do the rails really give a substantial place to safely place the jack under the car to lift it? Doesn't seem like they are very wide and the jack could contact the body. Can anyone confirm, deny, or give their opinions? Thanks.

P.S. I might have some jacking pads for sale so be on the look out.

Mike

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I know little to nothing about A&A rocker rails. I use jacking pads. If jacking pads are working fine for you, why would you want to put the rocker rails on it? :cheers:

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
I have had the rails on for a long time now and have raised mine many times with floor jacks and a two post lift with no problems.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IT L GO, I want to put the rocker rails on because I am lowering the car, and I want to protect the underbody.

Panzer, thanks for the reply. Do you put the jack directly on the rocker rails, or use something like a 1x4 or something to give extra surface area?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I love my rails... I can jack up the car at almost any point along the side now, they're great.

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
TXMike said:
IT L GO, I want to put the rocker rails on because I am lowering the car, and I want to protect the underbody.

Panzer, thanks for the reply. Do you put the jack directly on the rocker rails, or use something like a 1x4 or something to give extra surface area?
I just put the jack pad on the rail without anything else although I still locate it at the hard points where the pucks would normally go. Never an issue since installing them and it saves the cost of the overpriced pucks. Incidentally those slots where the pucks go in are used on the vette assembly line as the suspension point for a jig that wraps around the body when it suspended from the overhead conveyor belt. FYI

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, thanks for the replies. I think I will go ahead and put the pucks up for sale and order the rocker rails.

Mike

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Get the roller wheels that go on the skid bars also from A&A.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Panzer and Cobra4B,

Have you guys put the car up on flat topped jackstands with them located under the rocker rail savers? I've been wanting to try this, but haven't purchased the stands yet, till I know the idea will work.

thanks

Zrod

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I replace my normal jack pad (round) with a flat plate with a rubber pad, and have been picking up one hole side at a time by placing the jack right at the center point were the black floor brace ties to the frame rail. No rocker plates. I did use the jack puck until they pushed out the plate in the frame. Flat plate on jack is 4X7 inch's with a 1/4 in hard rubber pad.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Zrod said:
Panzer and Cobra4B,

Have you guys put the car up on flat topped jackstands with them located under the rocker rail savers? I've been wanting to try this, but haven't purchased the stands yet, till I know the idea will work.

thanks

Zrod

I have. I position the flat-top jack stands in the area of stock slots (where the pucks would normally go). It's works great especially w/ AC Hydraulics flat-top stand w/ the rubber pads. Carefully positioned they fit perfectly.

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Zrod said:
Panzer and Cobra4B,

thanks

Zrod
Multiple times on a two post lift ( I have installed my LG headers four times). I put the pads on the frame savers but still locate it under the jacking plug hole.

·
Registered
37 Posts
panzer said:
I just put the jack pad on the rail without anything else although I still locate it at the hard points where the pucks would normally go. Never an issue since installing them and it saves the cost of the overpriced pucks. Incidentally those slots where the pucks go in are used on the vette assembly line as the suspension point for a jig that wraps around the body when it suspended from the overhead conveyor belt. FYI
I have also heard that these slots are used for strap down points when trailering your car. Just insert "t" hooks in the slots and attach your straps. Is this correct??

·
Registered
271 Posts
TXMike:
I have the A&A frame rail savers AND the EE jacking pucks. I just cut a gap in the frame rail savers just wide enough to accomodate the jacking pucks. This makes a better support surface for the jack and my Ultimate Garage flat-top jackstands and doesn't compromise the effectiveness of the frame rail savers. The best of both worlds!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts