Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My seat has had a bit of freeplay that seems to be getting worse... most noticeable at a stop or go.

Probably less than 1/2cm, but annoying as hell.

So planning on taking my Z for a pre-emptive 1,000 mile oil change, but while its there I'd like the trunk aligned and the seat rocking thing fixed.

Surely GM can't give me grief on this, right? And can the average dealer shop align the body panels / seat or is that some other department?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
new

The seat rocking is a warraty item.......there have been nunerous posts on this....
The rollers( i think are nylon/plastic), and the track runners are prone to widening......they MUST be repalced for a fix.....
Any dealer with a decent body shop should be able to align the lid.......
If I had the parts, i could do the seat, and with a little effort probably align the lid......that would probably take 2 people to do.........
I would suggest, since you're car is so new.............you wait.........get around 5-6 k miles or so........make a list, and leave it for ALL items at one time......that way you won't spend you're life waiting on small repair jobs........;)

·
Registered
631 Posts
That's odd. I thought they engineered that out in 99 or 2000 models. In either case, let the dealer fix it. There is a TSB out on it.

·
Premium Member
7,247 Posts
Seat rocking

I got the hooks on my seatback "out of sync" once (one side latched and the other didn't) and it caused one side of the seatback to "rock" under acceleration.

Any chance this is whats happening to you. It happened when I adjusted the seatback with me in the car and leaned to one side too much when I leaned back.

Anyone else had this happen?

FiveOJoe:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts