Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My DRM Roll bar arrived today. Very nice peice. Off to be powdered coated next week. Was going to do it yellow. Having second thoughts. Hate to do black, cause they "disappear"in the car. Any comments/sugestions? :-?

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
I'm gonna go with tried and true here, it may disappear but I would use the belts to set off the colors, not the bar.

Do the bar in black, then accent in Yellow. Once that bar is welded in place you're stuck. Any color on the bar, IMHO would just be way too much........

JC

·
Registered
483 Posts
When i install my rollbar i am going to cover it with the same material as the seats

alan

·
Registered
765 Posts
When you install your rollbar you better cover it with some nice high density, energy absorbing roll bar padding, especially if you are going to drive the car without a helmet at times. I was told that Woodbridge E175 foam is the best for this application (IRL, CART, and others use it).

xcorvettex said:
When i install my rollbar i am going to cover it with the same material as the seats

alan

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
Black bar and offset with padding is a great way to go!! Saves the struggle of painting as well.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
my vote is RED

Another 2cents worth..... My mod red interior is truly accented by the red powder coated DRM bar. From behind, with the sun at my back, the bar looks awesome and my Z06vette.com decal sure stands out!:D
Besides, any bar & harnesses are worth minimum of 50 horses!:p

Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the input guys. Decided to go with Black Chrome . It is a two part powder process. Not as bright as real black chrome,but very deep( and almost matches the the ZO6 wheels). Will post pictures later. Thanks to all. :cool:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Roll Bar is in

Finally got the bar back form the powder coater, and installed it yesterday. I decided to do it Red once I decided to go with the ModRed Interior. I am happy with it.Had to be careful welding, cause the gas tank is right behind the bulkhead, but "no big deal". It fit OK. Trimming the rugs was the hardest part.Any body have any questions, sing out. Thanks for all your input.
( you'll notice no passenger seat. Easy way to rid yourself of any nuisance passengers :D and gives the car a "Real Racey Feel" ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
Looks :cool: Baron.

Is there 2 or 3 weld points, from your pic it looks like the cross member is welded in the center?

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sdz06 said:
Looks :cool: Baron.

Is there 2 or 3 weld points, from your pic it looks like the cross member is welded in the center?
It is actually welded in four spots. In the picture , the right rear tube isn't showing. Four point bar from DRM. :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Roll Bar

Does the four point bar meet SCCA competition rules?

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Roll Bar

dfunde01 said:
Does the four point bar meet SCCA competition rules?
Unfortunately, no. Needs a cross bar . I thought about installing one, but not worth the extra work for what I will do with the car.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you're talking about Autocross, my understanding is this will bump you out of Super Stock.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Baron...good choice!

I did my DRM roll bar in bright red too and have gotten lots of nice comments on it.. And I agree, the carpet cutting is the worst part of it....BRian

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Here is a pic of the interior and bar

:cheers:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Brian

Hey Brian. You are one of the reasons it is red. I have three pictures of your roll bar in my documents.And once I decided to go with the ModRed Int, the choice was obvious. Thanks for the pictures(back in Nov). ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts