Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody put a Roll Bar in their car yet. Found a couple of Vendors on line . Love the looks of Roll Bars in cars, and the increased chassis stiffness. And the perfect place to anchor your 6 pt.harness.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I installed a DRM "stiffer chasis" roll/harness bar in my Z06. I had DRM powder-coat in a crackle black finish. It is welded onto the frame in 4 places. With the C5 chasis being so stiff to start with, it probably doesn't stiffen it too much, but it is substantial in a FRC. A great anchor for DRMs 6-point belts.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
I would agree here as I saw the DRM bar installed in Ron Marks car....VERY nice.......

I would go that route too if I didn't have to cut into the car :cry:

JC

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
If you just want a harness bar I would do that. Welding in a rear rollbar is a commitment.
Just FYI the DRM bar is not always solo1 legal as I found out the hardway with my '90 when I got it from them.
Autopower is always the best and there bars are always top notch and legal.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Silver Bullet. Do you have a address on Autopower?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wolfe Race Craft Roll Bar

We just happen to be building a 6-point roll bar for the C5 Hardtop Corvette right now. Should also fit the coupe.

We will be building a jig as well so they should be available in about a month.

We also went ahead and designed a rull NHRA legal roll cage for the Hardtop Corvette for under 9.99

We should have pics and info on our web site soon.

Dan
www.wolferacecraft

Hope i haven't stepped on any toes by posting this, just thought i would pass along the information.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Well since none of our vendors do Roll bars, no, but technically you should look into supporting the site if you think you'll be selling C5/Z06 parts :)

JC

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
DRM Roll bar

:D I put a welded bar in my 01, it fits real nice. I had it powdercoated bright red and looks awesome from the back. My Z06Vette.com window decal really stands out against the red bar. :p I dont do SCCA racing so I dont know about being legal or not, but like someone once said on here: a roll bar & harnesses are worth at least 50hp at a drive in cruise! :guiness:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Racingfast. Looks super. I agree. Roll bars mean your "serious ". Looks like a nice neat install too. Thanks for the picture.:)

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
MORE ROLL BAR PICS

Here is another look at the install. Thanks BARON for the nice compliments! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
from the other angle

and here is last one.:p

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Excellent. I emailed Tim at DRM last night. Wanted to see if they can put a diagonal in it( like they do on the C4 s). Thinking about doing mine in yellow.We'll see. :cool:

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
YELLOW!

BARON that would Look SO COOL! keep us informed....:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice Roll Cage Mr Wolf

Nice Roll Cage......how long does it take to manuveur that puppy behind the dash?

And what is the estimated weight?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It isn't to bad, But the dash top and the passenger side air bag must be removed. The air bag mount must also be modified slightly with some cutting and welding to provide clearence for the bar.

The 4130 weight will be about 80lbs. The weight for the mild steel will be about 130lbs.

We will have more info and availability up in a couple of weeks.

dan

·
Registered
7 Posts
DRM -- Definitely not SCCA legal. Needs a cross brace for solo1 and a 6 point for club racing.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I ordered my Roll Bar from DRM today. I may weld in a diagonal myself.See how much room I have behind the seats when they are all the way back. Thanks for all the input. I appreciate it! :) (I'll post pictures later)O-yeah. One more question. Yellow or Red?:-?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey Daniel and anyone with a non-stock seat! Great photos of bars and cages. I need help! I'm 6'3" so my helmet is next to the roof and SCCA wants it 2 inches below the roll bar which is what I prefer for hillclimbs and SOLO I's. So my best option is a lower seat. Has anyone seen any seats that lower a guy an inch or two? How long does it take to change out a seat if I get a non-padded racing seat for SOLO I's (my car doubles as my daily driver.

Dennis

1 - 20 of 21 Posts