Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Welcome Aboard the Good Ship Z06

Use the search function at the top right of this page, You will find lots of good info and pictures of roll bar installs. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Welcome to the best site around.. I had mine made and installed by Neverlift Motor Sports.

They do very good work. other than cutting holes in the carpet none that I know of.
I'm sure there are others, but just not sure where.. Do s search for links and Pics.

Ernie

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I had my full eight point cage installed by forum sponsor, Phoenix Performance: http://www.phoenixperformance.net/

They have been preparing Corvette's for years for SCCA T1 class racing and have more National Championship's to their credit than I can keep track of.

Though they are based just west of Philly, they are well worth the trip. I went there in Dec 02, spent a few hours with the owner, Joe Aquilante, looking at the various cars in his shop and talking to him about cages, T1 racing, etc. Three weeks later I was back again with my Z06. In total, it was three 1000 mile (one way) trips from Memphis to Philly. Haven't regretted it once. :cheers:

I don't have any real good pictures of the cage. Here is the best I have.

March 2004:

Sept 2003:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Can we assume you are adding a roll cage for track use? If your car is mainly a street use vehicle a roll cage or roll bar may not be a good addition. A roll bar/cage adds metal bars in close proximity to your head and can cause great injury if you are not wearing a helmet in an accident. The bar/cage may add as much hazard as it does safety for street applications. It will also limit your view out of the rear window. If you are adding it for more rigidity, you may want to consider the cross bars offered by several manufacturers that reach across the back behind the seats but below your shoulders. Those bars also provide locations for mounting shoulders harnesses for limited track use or auto-crossing.

I don't have a bar or cage in my Z but thought I'd add some food for thought.

Later ... Larry S.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hello Dale,

Many threads about cages, lots of good info can be had with the search feature.

I drive a full T-1 cage to work almost everyday during the summer and fall (no window nets).

I do have 2" of high tech padding fitted around the cage by the top of the seats for street driving.

Forum member MYSR71, has the back half of a T-1 that also retained the stock seatbelts. Very trick setup.

With a cage like mine, you need to wear race belts at all times and I use a very confortable 6 pt Schroth Hybrid.

My best advice would be that the main hoop is only functional if it goes all the way to the frame rails, some simply sit on the rear bulkhead and I would not recommend that way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts