Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone considered or put roller rockers on your Z06. I found this to be an effective HP gain on other cars. It decreases friction and you can also get higher ratio rockers to increase valve lift. Anyone have experience or information on them. I feel on an 01' this could compensate for the slightly larger cam on the 02'. It is a fairly easy mod I am considering, but I don't want to do it blindly, any info would help.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Steve,

If you call one of the supporting vendors, they could probably find out the information for you. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
18 Posts
crane cams have them,but they cost as much as a cam change. LS-1 ASA race engines which make 440 HP and turn 6800 RPM use stock rocker arms which have needle bearing pivot.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Roller rockers are made for the LS1/LS6 engine, I will find out more when I go to the shop that is doing my engine, they are putting them in when the do the heads and cam and other things. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
123 Posts
Steve,

The Z06 already has roller rockers.

Here's a link to a very detailed article about the LS6 engine in our Z06s. The link is to the actual page that talks about the roller rockers, but you can use the navigation buttons to see the rest of the article as well.

Thanks,
T.

http://www.idavette.net/hib/ls6/page3.htm

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
I have Crane 1.8 rollers in my Z06. I think they were about $800. I didn't get a before and after dyno so I don't know about the gain.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have the Crane 1.8 on my car.

Z500 #1<P>500 HP & 471 TQ

425.3 RWHP & 400.3 RWTQ (SAE 0.93 CF)<P>

·
Registered
78 Posts
Steve...I have the stock rocker assembly with 428.2 rh & 400.9 rt!! With the cam I used, piston to valve clearance would have been an issue with the 1.8s', unless I wanted to go in and cut some relief in the top of the pistons!!

Anyway, off to work I go, Catch up with you guys in a week!!

ASASN

BTW, Darth V., sorry I didn't get to take a ride in your car after we spoke, I left Houston hours before the rains came!! I enjoyed speaking with you, hopefully we'll talk again soon!! Glad to see you back!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts