Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opinions please...

'02 Z with about 2k miles. When new it idled very smoothly. A few hundred miles ago it developed a very slight roughness or "loping" you can feel in the seat of your pants. Is this normal (405 horses trying to get out)?

Thanks,

Larry

:-? :D :-?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yes, I feel it too.
Yes, it's normal.
Yes, I love it.

It's the cam.

Mine idles around 900 to 1,000 rpm. I suspect it was turned up a bit to try to hide the lopy idle?:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
803 Posts
I drove my Son's '02 WS6 TA yesterday - without him in it. That thing idled rougher than my Z.

After the trip, he asked me if it ran as good as the Z. I said, "NOOO"!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Yes its completely normal and YES i love it!

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Rough idle

BWAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!........send it to ME!!!!!!!

How I love the lump lump's!!!!!!!

I like em' louder, and lopier..........must be cause I am an old fart.....like Frank:p :p

·
Registered
386 Posts
Geez, alittle lope now and then and it's rough? The stock solid lifter cam in my 62 WON'T idle below 900 and lopes continously. I guess it boils down to compared to what. If you copare it to a Jag or BMW it's rough, to old muscle cars no.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Y'all,

I guess I didn't think it would change that much in 2k miles. Idle is dead on 800 RPM. BTW, I added a can of BG44K just in case.

Thanks for the replies.

:cheers:

Merry Xmas.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Hey Rosso Z!!!!

Don't believe any of these guys! They're just trying to make you feel good. I will come up to your place in my 93 Subaru Impreza and leave it with you. It is a good car with good mileage. I'll sacrifice and take that really crummy car off your hands.:sneaky: :bs: :lol: :bs: :sneaky:

Merry Christmas,

Dan

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sig,

No thanks. Now if you had offered a WRX, I might have taken you up on your offer.:D :D :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts