Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took a friends sister out last night... kinda spur of the moment thing because she wanted some taco bell. We go, eat, and then when we are getting in the car to leave I had troubles getting the key into the ignition. It was as if something was stuck. After fiddling with it for a second it goes in but then the car wouldnt start. I would turn the key and the lights would come one and everything except it would not start... she wouldnt even turn over and try to start. Dead... I had plenty of juice in the battery. The other thing was that the steering wheel locked into place. This is after I had the car taken in for the recall a while back. Anyone have any ideas?
I tell you it was embaressing to sit in the taco bell parking lot after I overheard several people comment on the car earlier. What a night... :(

·
Registered
291 Posts
It sounds to me like the column lock locked on you and after the recall now the fuel system cuts off fuel when the column locks up. The car was thinking someone was trying to steel it. Dr.Bigg

·
Registered
709 Posts
What are the chances the chip popped out of your key and that was the resistance you felt - the loose chip being in the way as you slid the key in...

Just a thought - it's happened before. Al

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
aclar said:
What are the chances the chip popped out of your key and that was the resistance you felt - the loose chip being in the way as you slid the key in...

Just a thought - it's happened before. Al
That is just what I was thinking. If the chip has shifted, that could explain things. Try the other key.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3Pedal_Z06 said:
That is just what I was thinking. If the chip has shifted, that could explain things. Try the other key.
Thats one of the first things I thought of last night... but thats not it. The chip is still intack with the key.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts