Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Paladin,

Here is a link with all the information:

http://www.corvetteshow.com/

I haven't figured out what day I'm going to go yet; but I would like to see Rippied.Z06 race... Ron what day are you going to be there?

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Susan and I plan to be there all 3 days of the show and we are scheduled to race on Sun. a.m. We are a bit over-matched at the Regionals because we run in a class that allows big brakes, suspension, and engine mods, as well as full race tires :eek: and we are running all stock on street tires (except of my top end kit). It is still fun, just hard to compete in this class. :( In any event, we'll push it as hard as we can. :D

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I've gone before and always enjoyed it! Unfortunately, we have a family get-together and I can not attend this one...Have fun guys! :cheers:

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
That show is soooo big, that I am thinking Z06VETTE.COM needs to make their presence known.

Sherylann...can I go sweety?? :D

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm thinking of going (oh, twist my arm!:sneaky: ).....who's in and where the heck are y'all staying?

I have no hotel reservations and I've never been to an event like this - HELP! I have no idea what to do/see/bring/etc.

All I know is that I want to do the advanced autocross school and drink multiple beers (in that order:guiness: :cheers: ).

Todd

·
Registered
0 Posts
Todd,

Weather permitting, I am driving up from St. Louis early Saturday morning. I know its in Joliet, but haven't a clue where. :-? Hopefully we can hook up. Would sure like to get some more forum members to meet us. :yeadog:

I'll be leaving for Peoria late Saturday afternoon.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Sure wish I could join you guys, but family comes first....Anyway, let me add a bit here for those attending.

I have enjoyed this show 2-3 times in past years and it has always been one of my favorite Vet events because it has all the usual things(cars for sale, vendors, swap meet, road tour, auction, etc) PLUS it is held at the "Route 66 Raceway" and anyone can drag race their car AND auto-x their car at the show!
Route 66 is one of the newest NHRA sanctioned drag strips in the nation, and the NHRA holds one of their bigest annual events there each year. The auto-x course is also available for anyone to try, and they offer classes so that you can learn from the pros!
The first time I went there, Randy Parks, NHRA licensed top Fuel Driver conducted the class and I was impressed! I also autocrossed for the first time with my ZR-1 and let me tell you, it was so much FUN!

I could go on and on, but here is some info that may be helpful:

Route 66 Raceway is about 4-5 miles South of I-80. Take Route 53 (old Route 66) South and you can't miss it.

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Route 66 Info Part II.

For more info on this event:

Call 815-722-VETT
web: www.corvetteshow.com
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 815-722-8389
Snail mail: Route 66 Corvette Show, 2419-A West Jefferson, Joliet, Il 60435

One of our favorite Steak places is "Al's Steak House," right in Joliet. One of our favorite Italian restaurants is about 15 miles away in Plainfield, Illinois. It is a converted church and is named after the owner..."Baci's"

Have fun gang, and if you have any questions feel free to email me.

Zippy :cheers: :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts