Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This a.m. was the NCCC Midwest Regions Autox Championships at the Route 66 track. We had 64 drivers in all classes.The course was way different from yesterday, much more challenging and fast. Drivers from one of the Minnesota club's I belong to (Corvettes of Minnesota) had fastest times of the day in all the major catagories. Stock street tires (group 1 street), stock race tires (group 1), Lightly modded (group 2), heavily modded (group 3 and race prepared), and over all Fastest time! :D Susan and I both won our classes and I had the fastest time on street tires, although with my engine mods I should.

The attendance at the Route 66 event was real low. The tuner shootout turned bad when all the cars broke except one. With all the drag racing, autoxing, vendors, etc., I don't understand why this event doesn't do better. It is held at what might be the best racing facility in the nation. :-? Well, we had fun anyway. :cheers:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Rippied:

Excellentpost....thanks!

Ditto on "why" it doesn't attract larger crowds...I've been saying that for years.

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Congrats!!!!

Ron thanks for taking the time to post the play by play on Route 66, we should do this for all the events we attend and make it official....

It's posts like these that really help strengthen our sense of community......

JC

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Zippy, JC. I agree JC, it does help establish us with a group identity. I write an article in our club newsletter each month describing what the club and its members were up to and ribbing those who deserve it. Just like I do with Frank, of course that's an easy target. ;)

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Rippied.Z06 said:
This a.m. was the NCCC Midwest Regions Autox Championships at the Route 66 track. We had 64 drivers in all classes.The course was way different from yesterday, much more challenging and fast. Drivers from one of the Minnesota club's I belong to (Corvettes of Minnesota) had fastest times of the day in all the major catagories. Stock street tires (group 1 street), stock race tires (group 1), Lightly modded (group 2), heavily modded (group 3 and race prepared), and over all Fastest time! :D Susan and I both won our classes and I had the fastest time on street tires, although with my engine mods I should.

The attendance at the Route 66 event was real low. The tuner shootout turned bad when all the cars broke except one. With all the drag racing, autoxing, vendors, etc., I don't understand why this event doesn't do better. It is held at what might be the best racing facility in the nation. :-? Well, we had fun anyway. :cheers:
Might be a good post to move to racing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts