Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met a lot of Z06Vette.com guys today. Even took Frank and JC for some hot laps on the autox course. JC filmed it in car and will put it up on the video section. He was real cool about riding shotgun, he managed 3 laps. :cheers: Frank on the otherhand...:lol: About 1/3 of the way around the only lap he would ride with me, I saw Frank out of the corner of my eye reaching for something to grab onto and he was reaching for the emergency brake handle :eek: Well good sense took over and he didn't pull it up. :cheers: I do swear that I could see his knees shaking while we were still on the course. ;) It was a great layout for an autox, lots of 3rd gear and lots of FAST corners. :D

I also managed 3 passes on the drag strip. My best was a 12.3 at 121 with a 2.05 60' :cool: I was real happy with the trap, but I've got to learn to launch. DRM had an auto coupe with a C5R engine run 10.9 natural. Tomorrow in the tuner shootout, he'll add a little nx to the mix.

My car got photographed this a.m. for Corvettemagazine.com I hope they use it, photographer took over a 100 pics. :eek:

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Ron,

Way to go man, youre making us all feel as if we are there, keep up the good reporting...............

:cool: :cool: :cheers: :cheers: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Rippied: Great report! :cheers:

Dang...wish I could have been there!!!!

Can't wait to read Frank's reply to this one :D

Your times were SUPER!
Do you remember seeing Matt G from Canada on the auto-x? He has a bad a** Silver coupe, and has a reputation in the Detroit area as a VERY Good auto-xer!

Can't wait to see tomorrow's comments! Have fun guys!!!

Zipster :z: :z:

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Zippy, I saw MattG across the parking lot, but I didn't see him autox. Never had a chance to talk to him. On my street tires, I ran a 57.57 with JC in the car shooting video, but I wasn't over there long enough to see many others. I am curious, however:)

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
I always knew Ron was a racer but DAMN! I learned a LOT from riding those 3 laps Ron, thank you VERY MUCH for letting me participate!!! I'm ready for more! and I think I'm getting the autocross bug :D

Yup, we met several Z06Vette.com'ers, as always, great people! Pmontelo, Lambinator, of course GNX Guy who picked me up at the airport (very kind of him) and my first face to face with Frank!! Thanks again for the ride back Frank, even though we froze our cahones off it was great fun!! We got some vendors and Frank got many new members (remember he's the good cop, I'm the bad cop :) was a great success all around......

Also, thanks go to GNX Guy for getting this event together on such short notice, we owe this one to him, and he even got us in for free!

I got a few banner pics and the guys have some more that I'm sure that they will be posting, plus I have all 3 runs from Ron's kickass autocross sessions which I'll be posting tomorrow.

I've only slept a total of 3 hours in 2 days now, I'm beat!

Met a lot of cool Vette ppl and can't wait for the next one.....

JC

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Sounds like you guys had a blast!

Thanks for sharing with those of us not lucky enough to make it... :)

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Long johns required!!!

Hey Ron,

Nice job! Looks like you found that 1/2 second you were looking for.

Man, it was a very windy and cold day today. I froze my nuts off! :eek:

It was good to finally meet a few more of the forum members; got to meet GNXGuy, JC, Lambinator, and Ron for the first time. Also met quite a few new prospective z06vette.com members.

Left to right: pmontelo, GNXGuy, N4C5S, fcalmes

At the strip I managed to match my G-Tech times almost exactly. I had a hell of a time launching without wheel hop (route 66 is too sticky for the Z!), my 60' times were not the best. My best run of the day was:
12.577 @ 116.47 with a 2.096 - 60'

Even though it was cold as hell, it was still a good time, glad to meet everyone. I hope to make it back tomorrow to get some autox runs in. :D

·
Registered
0 Posts
YEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY SH*T!!! :eek: :eek: I had to change my pants after that ride! I had no clue since I have never autocrossed.

It's always nice to hook up with Ron and Susan...GREAT PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Joe is a dedicated dude. :cheers:

Nice seeing Pat and Todd and JC. I think our numbers are going to be growing at a much quicker rate. :D

It was colder than a well diggers A$$!

Talk to everyone tomorrow. I stopped by a good friends house on the way home to celebrate his birthday. Will be driving the rest of the way home tomorrow.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Nice Pat, that banner pic is worth extra points!

3 banners total plus 2 admins, 1 Pit Crew member (GNX Guy) and yourself in the pic!

Here are a couple more pics.....

JC

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Wow, thanks guys for updating us! Can tell you all had a great weekend! :cheers: :cheers:

Zip :z: :z:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Rippied.Z06 said:
Met a lot of Z06Vette.com guys today. Even took Frank and JC for some hot laps on the autox course. JC filmed it in car and will put it up on the video section. He was real cool about riding shotgun, he managed 3 laps. :cheers: Frank on the otherhand...:lol: About 1/3 of the way around the only lap he would ride with me, I saw Frank out of the corner of my eye reaching for something to grab onto and he was reaching for the emergency brake handle :eek: Well good sense took over and he didn't pull it up. :cheers: I do swear that I could see his knees shaking while we were still on the course. ;) It was a great layout for an autox, lots of 3rd gear and lots of FAST corners. :D

I also managed 3 passes on the drag strip. My best was a 12.3 at 121 with a 2.05 60' :cool: I was real happy with the trap, but I've got to learn to launch. DRM had an auto coupe with a C5R engine run 10.9 natural. Tomorrow in the tuner shootout, he'll add a little nx to the mix.

My car got photographed this a.m. for Corvettemagazine.com I hope they use it, photographer took over a 100 pics. :eek:
might be a good post to move to racing?

·
Registered
396 Posts
That was a blast that weekend - I was only there on Sat and ran a 59 flat in my stock Z06 in the autocross. Had to leave Sunday morning for driving school @ Mid Ohio.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts