Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, what if they gave a show and no one came? Well if its raining and 45 degrees, I wouldn't blame them. Actually, most of the vendors are here and waiting for the people. It should be partly cloudly tomorrow and in the low 50s. Can we say good drag racing weather. DRM is here with a 427 C5R engined coupe running nitrous and wrinkle slicks:eek: Can't wait to see that bad boy at the tuner shootout Sunday. There is a '68 Vert with the ZL1 engine, the only vert built with that engine. Original owner 2900 original miles, says he's run 9s at 150+ without nitrous :eek: He said the ZL1 is in his garage being saved for posterity and he has a nasty L88 in it with 8000+ rpm redline. 5.10 rear end! :eek:

We expect a Lingenfelter TT to be here for the shootout as well as several other bad boys. The autox course is fast and no helmets. :eek: Lots of eeks in this post.

My car is being photographed tomorrow am for Corvette Mag (the one that's on the web). :eek: I may have a chance to run the strip with slicks tomorrow too. :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Rippied:

Great update...thanks! As I have said earlier, really sad that I could not attend this show!!! It has always been one of my favorites because of the facility and the availability of the strip and auto-x course.....You should have a great weekend..not to mention the "shootout" with some of the best Vet tuners in the country!!!!
Congrats on getting your car in the press!!!

Keep us posted on the rest of the weekend.....and if you want a good steak dinner in Joliet, my wife and I enjoyed Al's Steak House on Jefferson Ave.

Have fun! :cheers:

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks For Update

Ron, Would like to be there, but have a comittment to keep the lights burning while all of you are out having fun. Keep me posted on the event. I or I should say we will see you in LaCrosse next weekend, cars fixed and ready to go.Tom C. :( :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: )

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
fcalmes said:

Oh NO!! And you think Zipster has trouble posting pix!!! :eek: :lol:
Which reminds me @ first z06 event nxt year, we are running Nite class's on Picture posting 101...............

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Watch out for wheel hop!

Ron, thanks for the update. I hope more people will be out there tomorrow, damn this Chicago weather. Hope to see you guys there.

Now if I can only avoid that insidious wheel hop tomorrow; with those temps, it should be a very fast day! :D I may have to checkout that autocross too... might have to break out my air pump, I don't think the Z will autocross too well with 23 lbs in the rears :eek:

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Susan and I look forward to meeting you guys tomorrow, except Frank, we already met him.:roll: Just kidding Bro.

Tom, so your car is fixed? Gee, I wonder what happened to it? ;)

Oh, and Frank, what is that wise crack about me and posting pics? Its easy, I email them to you and you do the rest. :D

Zippy, I would love to check out that recommendation for dinner, but we have a NCCC banquet Sat. night and we head home Sun. :( I hope to see you again next year at one of these Vette outings. :cool:

I did find out today that my ass will be kicked good autoxing Sun at our Regional runoffs. There is a guy in my class running stickies, with a full T1 suspension. :eek: My Eagle F1SCs and stock Z06 suspension are good, but.... :( Oh well, we are here for the fun.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rippied

Ron, Thanks for the reply, at least thanks for most of the reply. Have a great time and we will see you when you get back, weather here is sunny and cool 29 degrees this morning. Turn 5 Tom. :p

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Rippied.Z06 said:
Ok, what if they gave a show and no one came? Well if its raining and 45 degrees, I wouldn't blame them. Actually, most of the vendors are here and waiting for the people. It should be partly cloudly tomorrow and in the low 50s. Can we say good drag racing weather. DRM is here with a 427 C5R engined coupe running nitrous and wrinkle slicks:eek: Can't wait to see that bad boy at the tuner shootout Sunday. There is a '68 Vert with the ZL1 engine, the only vert built with that engine. Original owner 2900 original miles, says he's run 9s at 150+ without nitrous :eek: He said the ZL1 is in his garage being saved for posterity and he has a nasty L88 in it with 8000+ rpm redline. 5.10 rear end! :eek:

We expect a Lingenfelter TT to be here for the shootout as well as several other bad boys. The autox course is fast and no helmets. :eek: Lots of eeks in this post.

My car is being photographed tomorrow am for Corvette Mag (the one that's on the web). :eek: I may have a chance to run the strip with slicks tomorrow too. :eek: :eek: :eek:
might be a good one for upcomming events?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts