Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, when I picked up my car last week I got to ask some questions and I think I might have learned a few things that I thought I would share.

50th car. When I asked what this would look like, I was asked what the 40th looked like. I asked if it would be gold like I had heard before and got an emphatic "no!" Supposedly when they do gold they can't get the bumpers the same color as the rest of the car.

Plant closing for tours. This was an interesting topic as most of the museum people were upset about this too. What I heard was that the Caddy had been seen around the plant. I'm sure that the security issues were there as well, but I think having the Caddy in the plant at the same time was icing on the cake. Supposedly they were going to disassemble and reassemble some of them (although they were going to be in a separate area).

For those (like me) who missed the tour, inviations for VIP tours will be extended when they reopen (Dec 3, I think is what Adam's post said). Also, instead of giving a one year individual membership to the museum, they gave one year family membership. It is cheaper to renew and good for the immediate family.

I don't know if any of this is groundbreaking, but I had to share what I knew.

chris

·
Registered
0 Posts
Thanks Chris, very nice post!! :cool:

I talked to my contact at the plant yesterday, and the reasons for the plant tour stopage was due to security...Ford is doing the same thing. :( Damn them diaper heads!! :flaming:

Color of the Anniversary will be a Metallic Ruby Red. I am also hearing extensive interior design differences for the Anniversary Edition.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Darn, now I can't get a tour to see my Explorer built !

Thanks, Chris for the news - any news is quite welcome. Did you ask about the C6 ???

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doh! I knew I forgot something.
But, I was a little distracted that day. It was all I could do to get those questions out.
You were right, that grin is always there. What a car!

chris

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Chris, Congrats on your new Vet!!! :cheers:

Rumor comments: I'm hearing that the 50th will be similar to the '93 Ruby Red and will be mostly a graphics package. I've also heard that an Anniversary edition will NOT be available on our beloved Z06 model! :(

Fact: I received an email from the NCM today stating that VIP factory tours will resume for Museum delivery people on December 3rd! :cheers:

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
manatee.........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ..............

"Darn, now I can't get a tour to see my Explorer built"
Best laugh for a week................

1 - 7 of 7 Posts