Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '01 Z06 dyno'd at 330RWHP and 330RWTQ stock. I added Corsa Indys, X-Pipe, Vortex, Power Duct, and a GMS MAF calibrated 5% rich.

I dyno'd again today on the same dyno at 349RWHP and 345 RWTQ. During the runs my A/F ratio was from 13:1 down to 10.2:1 at high RPM.

Too rich?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Net, after testing 4 GMS MAF's I can tell you that 2 of the MAF's gained no power and 2 of the MAF's lost power on the same dyno, we saw the most power gain from the stock unit with aluminum ends.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
NetJunkie said:
My '01 Z06 dyno'd at 330RWHP and 330RWTQ stock. I added Corsa Indys, X-Pipe, Vortex, Power Duct, and a GMS MAF calibrated 5% rich.

I dyno'd again today on the same dyno at 349RWHP and 345 RWTQ. During the runs my A/F ratio was from 13:1 down to 10.2:1 at high RPM.

Too rich?
Good gains, NetJunkie:)!! I don't think the GMS is doing you any good with the stock head/cam package.

RG

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks RG. I got the stuff that made the difference from you. :)

Looking at my autotap I was running a little lean before, but think I may have gone too far the other way now. I need a MAFT for the Z06!!!

H

·
0 Posts
"Net, after testing 4 GMS MAF's I can tell you that 2 of the MAF's gained no power and 2 of the MAF's lost power on the same dyno, we saw the most power gain from the stock unit with aluminum ends."

This has been our experience as well.

The airfoil is an intricate part of the MAFs metering, and when it is removed along with the honeycomb laminar screen, you lose proper loop feedback with the PCM>

We are testing the Z06 MAF vs the LS1 MAF (2002 versions) just to see if they have been recalibrated by GM. So far, the AutoTap records gathered seem to indicate that there is little difference except the screen removal.

The screen removal will make it more difficult to keep dial in the WOT a/f ratios.

Our initial testing of the T1 package was disappointing, but the computer did not give us the necessary AutoTap feedback we needed to do our analysis. We did see that the new injectors "dialed in" perfectly with the initial a/f ratio at 12.6:1 going to about 11.8 then to 12.1:1 at redline.

That is not quite where we want it. There should be another 5 or 6 RWHP in the pulls once we get the a/f ration dead on.

This is where programming would be helpful. Halltech is considering going into the programming arena in the future, but not at this time due to budget considerations.

Also, we had to let Chris Morgan go last week. A loss for Halltech, but all orders will ship, as soon as we get back Monday.

Debbie is catching a flight home Monday.

Jim

:cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts